Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
my Sam is off as well , it doesn't improve anything in my new room , not even sure I can hear real difference between Sam Off and Sam 100
(05-Aug-2016, 01:55)no32 Wrote: my Sam is off as well , it doesn't improve anything in my new room , not even sure I can hear real difference between Sam Off and Sam 100

Ditto but no use to me anyway since (AFAIK) there are no Magenpan speakers mapped anyway.
(22-Jul-2016, 18:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: FIRMWARE V10.0.2

- Support of the new Expert Pro line 
- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Tried upgrading to the new firmware. Got following error message:

SW. FF. FF
H.W 5.0.0
SD card error B 351
DSPD 0210.HEX

Does anyone got a clue what went wrong? Acc. to instruction from dev help site the sd card must be empty before copying the 17 files. Initially i left the configuration on the disk because a friend did so without problems. 
Deleted the conf. file but problem still unchanged.

If I delete the 17 files will my dev automatically go back to the previous FW?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(08-Aug-2016, 04:16)Duomike Wrote:

- New graphical chart

Guillaume

SW. FF. FF
H.W 5.0.0
SD card error B 351
DSPD 0210.HEX

Does anyone got a clue what went wrong? Acc. to instruction from dev help site the sd card must be empty before copying the 17 files. Initially i left the configuration on the disk because a friend did so without problems. 

This is what I do every time I make any change (firmware or configuration)
I delete the files from my SD card. Then take my SD card out and re-insert it. I then check whether it is empty or not. Only once I've confirmed it's empty I copy the new files over.

It might just take a minute longer and it shouldn't need to be done but in the end I know it always works so it saves time re-doing things.

Good luck!

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Aug-2016, 04:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 04:16)Duomike Wrote:

- New graphical chart

Guillaume

SW. FF. FF
H.W 5.0.0
SD card error B 351
DSPD 0210.HEX

This is what I do every time I make any change (firmware or configuration)
I delete the files from my SD card. Then take my SD card out and re-insert it. I then check whether it is empty or not. Only once I've confirmed it's empty I copy the new files over.

It might just take a minute longer and it shouldn't need to be done but in the end I know it always works so it saves time re-doing things.

Good luck!

Pim

Thanks Pim,
deleted all the files on the card and downloaded the FW again and re copied it onto the card. FW installed successfully.
After that I again deleted all files and downloaded the conf. file again. Everything good now!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(08-Aug-2016, 06:01)Duomike Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 04:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: This is what I do every time I make any change (firmware or configuration)

Good luck!

Pim

Thanks Pim,
deleted all the files on the card and downloaded the FW again and re copied it onto the card. FW installed successfully.
After that I again deleted all files and downloaded the conf. file again. Everything good now!

Great! Another tip; download the files to aptly named folders on your computer. That way you will always have a backup. From there, copy to the SD cards.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Aug-2016, 07:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 06:01)Duomike Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 04:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: This is what I do every time I make any change (firmware or configuration)

Good luck!

Pim

Thanks Pim,

Great! Another tip; download the files to aptly named folders on your computer. That way you will always have a backup. From there, copy to the SD cards.

I do the same, keep a copy of every firmaware and config on my computer. Easy to download to a SD card if something goes wrong.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Aug-2016, 09:20)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 07:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Great! Another tip; download the files to aptly named folders on your computer. That way you will always have a backup. From there, copy to the SD cards.

I do the same, keep a copy of every firmaware and config on my computer. Easy to download to a SD card if something goes wrong.
Good idea guys! Thanks
Yes, good idea to keep a copy of the config (or several) as well. I name my configs after the version number in the Configurator too.
I updated to FW 10 the other week and for me it is a big improvement in everything. It's more precise (more in phase) in every aspect and therefor more natural.
But saying this, my Dev is strongly modified as the Dev of Manoet is. He mentioned too that FW10 is a big improvement to him.

I think FW10 opens up the Dev a little bit more making it more transparent, faster, more precise.

The downside of it is that the Dev with FW10 gets more susceptible for interferences or "ringing" on the line (if you've ever heard Spectral components on a bad powerline and with not matching cables, you know what I mean - there's no music anymore). That is why some of us are experiencing harshness or "not so natural sound".

If you are experiencing these artefacts with your Dev, try to improve the powerline to your Dev. The cleaner the power the Dev gets the more natural it sounds...my experience.

Gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin