Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
My findings are quite similar; although a longterm fan of 7.1.1 (as I´ve posted yesterday), I´m not quite sure if the 9.0.1 supersedes, purely in sonic terms, the 7.1.1, yet.
The presence and fluidity of the midtones in the 9. are the main advantage IMHO.
I guess time will tell
PSA PPPremier-Devialet 250-Sonus Faber Stradivari+SAM- Tellurium Black Diamond Cables- Audionet CD (ART G3 w/ EPS)-Michell Orbe (SME V, Koetsu Red Signat)-Audionet PAM V3 -MacBookPro -Audirvana
Having been convinced SAM v2 on the Facts gave an even deeper bottom end but with less 'bass slam', I felt it was so different I needed to re-measure and re-create my Dirac filters.

To my huge surprise, the graphs look practically identical, and if anything have a touch less bass at the very bottom end.

Of course this wasn't scientifically done as the mic positions wouldn't be the same, and I'm not sure what volume I used for the fw 7.1.1 sweeps, but still it's very interesting.

I wish I had time/inclination to measure a sweep for each firmware at the same position/volume and see if there are any clear obvious differences. Not saying a measured sweep tells all, but as a newcomer to measurement it's been an eye opener. I.e. Perhaps some of the perceived changes were imaginary - the bass difference seemed really clear to me both times I've ventured away from 7.1.1 but there's nothing to show that in the graphs for 9.

Looks like 9 will get at least another week.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I've updated to v9.0.1, all went smoothly and loving the sound!

I'm blasting Space Oddity (David Bowie) as I'm writing this!   Heart

RIP David Bowie...
Being a 7.1.1 believer I pulled the trigger with 9.0.1.
All I can say is to agree with someone who said that SQ-firmware is kind of system dependent.
It seems that 9.0.1 will stay on my system this time.Well done Devialet!
Listening to Original d'Atelier with 9.01. Something peculiar is going on: SQ is better when I invert the left and right channel speaker connections... Smoother, richer, valve-like. I have done the swap 3 times and it's quite apparent. Anyone has had similar experiences?
(12-Jan-2016, 09:45)GTX Wrote: Listening to Original d'Atelier with 9.01. Something peculiar is going on: SQ is better when I invert the left and right channel speaker connections... Smoother, richer, valve-like. I have done the swap 3 times and it's quite apparent. Anyone has had similar experiences?

I'll check my Original d'Atelier this evening Wink Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(12-Jan-2016, 09:45)GTX Wrote: Listening to Original d'Atelier with 9.01. Something peculiar is going on: SQ is better when I invert the left and right channel speaker connections... Smoother, richer, valve-like. I have done the swap 3 times and it's quite apparent. Anyone has had similar experiences?

If you're inverting both left and right channel you're doing the same as if you were inverting via remote. Much easier than changing cables Smile
The results of inverting is dependent on the recording. What were you playing at the time you found out?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello,
I wanted to tell you what happened to me a few days after installing firmware 9.0.1
I hope it could be useful, maybe some of you will make fun of me, but it's no big deal  Smile  .
Listening to a record with both stereo and mono tracks, the first mono track was played and the sound was coming from the left, not from the center... Huh . I tried another record with a mono track, same result...
For the first time, I used the balance control of the Devialet, I closed my eyes and I had to a adjust it to +25 right (it can be adjusted between 100 left and 100 right, 0 is the normal setting) and the sound came from the center again.
Before accusing firmware 9.0.1, I tried to find the cause of my problem and I found it quickly : my sofa had been moved of 50 cm on the left side of the room Exclamation . I was exactly on the center of the sofa, but I was nearer of the left speaker...
  I moved my sofa to the center and everything was correct again Blush .

Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
It happened to me also, just after moving to my new apartment I upgraded to 9.0.1.
I first thought about the upgrade... during 30 seconds Smile

The room configuration (almost no wall on the right side) + a cable length difference 5m (right side) versus 1m (integration testing), made the image center moved to the left (+18% to correct).

I have a lot to do with my new room configuration and treatment....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(05-Jan-2016, 13:31)Confused Wrote:
(05-Jan-2016, 10:08)Vivialet Wrote: you can't update 2 Devialets from the same SD Card. After the first amp has been updated it is deleting some files. If you use this card in the second amp it is updating fast but in fact it is not updating anything. YOu have to copy all files again to the sd card before you update the second amp. Maybe this was the problem ?
It will also take more than a minute on a 250 if it works.

This is correct, during the firmware update the Devialet will delete a file, this is so you can have both the firmware and the configuration on one card.  First the firmware is loaded, the file is deleted so the firmware is not reloaded, then the Devialet can pick up the configuration from the same SD card.

As an alternative for dual mono, you can load the firmware onto one SD card, lock the card to prevent the file deletion, and then use this card to update the firmware on both amplifiers.  This appears to work OK.  Then use separate SD cards for the configuration.

Hmm, I have just updated my D400 with the same SD card (master and companion) and they both show the correct firmware versions (9.0.1). I reinserted the SD cards that I have with the configuration I was using prior to the upgrade and they both booted correctly as master and companion (D400).