Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(19-Jan-2016, 15:11)Sylvain27 Wrote: Hello,
I wanted to tell you what happened to me a few days after installing firmware 9.0.1
I hope it could be useful, maybe some of you will make fun of me, but it's no big deal  Smile  .
Listening to a record with both stereo and mono tracks, the first mono track was played and the sound was coming from the left, not from the center... Huh . I tried another record with a mono track, same result...
For the first time, I used the balance control of the Devialet, I closed my eyes and I had to a adjust it to +25 right (it can be adjusted between 100 left and 100 right, 0 is the normal setting) and the sound came from the center again.
Before accusing firmware 9.0.1, I tried to find the cause of my problem and I found it quickly : my sofa had been moved of 50 cm on the left side of the room Exclamation . I was exactly on the center of the sofa, but I was nearer of the left speaker...
  I moved my sofa to the center and everything was correct again Blush .

Best regards,
Sylvain

Those pesky sofas - when they want to move they just up and move Big Grin.

Glad it was such a simple issue and not a problem with the Amps.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
On my system (B&W PM1/Devialet 120) firmware 9.0.1 is the best so far. Previous FW's have been on the bright side to my preferences, causing sibilance problems. In version 9.0.1 sibilance problem is gone, and tonal balance is no longer on the bright side. I really like what I am hearing right now, playing Beck's Sea Change :-)
(26-Dec-2015, 11:20)octaviars Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 11:08)LEPPAL Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 10:49)octaviars Wrote: I have 7.1.3 on my computer if you send me your email I can send it to you.
Would be great and thanks:

[email protected]

I have sent you a copy on your Gmail.
Need some help with my 120. I downloaded the 7.1.3 files and copied my current configuration - the download was successful but I get no sound from the USB or Digital source. Check the sound menu MIDI menu and the preferences in HQP - they all seem correct. Firmware 8.3 and 9 work fine. Any thoughts?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(27-Jan-2016, 18:58)Dan Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 11:20)octaviars Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 11:08)LEPPAL Wrote: Would be great and thanks:

[email protected]

I have sent you a copy on your Gmail.
Need some help with my 120. I downloaded the 7.1.3 files and copied my current configuration - the download was successful but I get no sound from the USB or Digital source. Check the sound menu MIDI menu and the preferences in HQP - they all seem correct. Firmware 8.3 and 9 work fine. Any thoughts?

I just sent you my 7.1.3 on your Gmail. It works on my 200. Let us know how you go.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-Jan-2016, 19:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(27-Jan-2016, 18:58)Dan Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 11:20)octaviars Wrote: I have sent you a copy on your Gmail.Need some help with my 120. I downloaded the 7.1.3 files and copied my current configuration - the download was successful but I get no sound from the USB or Digital source. Check the sound menu MIDI menu and the preferences in HQP - they all seem correct. Firmware 8.3 and 9 work fine. Any thoughts?

I just sent you my 7.1.3 on your Gmail. It works on my 200. Let us know how you go.

Pim was kind enough to send me another version of 7.1.3 - Just uploaded it and have the same results as before - roon is playing but no sound. If I crank up the Devialet volume I get hissing. Seems strange - 8 and 9 firmwares work fine and I installed them in the same way. Anyone have any thoughts before I stick with 8 & 9?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
I'm starting to think your config might be conflicting with your firmware somehow. I've emailed you one of the configs I used with the firmware I sent you earlier. It's got USB in. I'm not sure about the RCA inputs (analog or digital) so don't use them, to be on the safe side. Optical and AIR should work too.

Fingers x-ed
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My 120 is just back from Devialet with f/w 9.02 on it. Is there a changelog anywhere?
(28-Jan-2016, 11:38)simon Wrote: My 120 is just back from Devialet with f/w 9.02 on it. Is there a changelog anywhere?

Just checked Devialet's site; 9.0.2 doesn't 'exist' yet. I guess you're a beta tester now.  Tongue
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jan-2016, 12:05)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(28-Jan-2016, 11:38)simon Wrote: My 120 is just back from Devialet with f/w 9.02 on it. Is there a changelog anywhere?

Just checked Devialet's site; 9.0.2 doesn't 'exist' yet. I guess you're a beta tester now.  Tongue

Aren't we all… Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Smile nice one!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK