Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(22-Dec-2015, 13:16)Womaz Wrote: I will wait to try this upgrade anyway ..... I am currently using 7.13 as a little less harsh IMO

7,1,3 is the best one...
Seems to me that there is more heft and coherence in the low end and ICM for Roku/TV works much better.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Hi folks, i am making the first post here...

Just updated with 9.0.1, i can tell the difference in SQ and it is better than 8.1.3. It definitely sound more natural.

i was used to the old reference 7.1.3 and recently just updated with 8.1.3 a few days back. The sound from 8.1.3 seems more hifi sounding and I have to disable DPM and subsonic to my listening preferences. Still never feel satisfy with 8.1.3.

Anyway, this is just initial listening, will need to more time for a final verdict on 9.0.1.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(22-Dec-2015, 14:51)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Dec-2015, 13:16)Womaz Wrote: I will wait to try this upgrade anyway ..... I am currently using 7.13 as a little less harsh IMO

7,1,3 is the best one...

I actually prefer 8.1.3.  Maybe a case of personal preference or system matching, maybe a case that owning a Devialet and with lots of firmware updates eventually drives you insane?
I like 9.0.1. My first impression was the midrange seemed a bit boosted but there could be more bass heft too. It seems a bit clearer, almost as if there's less jitter.
the configurator now supports to use high-pass filtering together with SAM. Not sure when this feature has been introduced, but some month ago it was not possible. This offers some new possibilities together with a Sub.
(22-Dec-2015, 16:50)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I like 9.0.1. My first impression was the midrange seemed a bit boosted but there could be more bass heft too. It seems a bit clearer, almost as if there's less jitter.

Rufus - I recall you had some SAM V2 issues, others have mentioned an improvement with 9.0.1 SAM.  Any observations yourself?
(22-Dec-2015, 16:36)Sharone Wrote: Hi folks, i am making the first post here...

Just updated with 9.0.1, i can tell the difference in SQ and it is better than 8.1.3. It definitely sound more natural.

i was used to the old reference 7.1.3 and recently just updated with 8.1.3 a few days back. The sound from 8.1.3 seems more hifi sounding and I have to disable DPM and subsonic to my listening preferences. Still never feel satisfy with 8.1.3.

Anyway, this is just initial listening, will need to more time for a final verdict on 9.0.1.

Welcome to this forum...

I agree with You that 8,1,3, sounds more hifi than highendish:-)

I used 8.1.3. with my 200 during one month and in the end I wasn't happy with its sound. Now, returning to 7.1.3., during last weeks, I am again happy to own Devialet 200. This firmware has nice smoothness, great details, no treble sibilants and right amount od bass (SAM 20% in my case). I don't have DSD files nor gramophne so I am not interested in new features. 

I think that Devialet 200 Expert sounds better when its temperature is above 40 degrees. Optimal is around 43...at leat with 7.1.3.
(22-Dec-2015, 17:02)Confused Wrote:
(22-Dec-2015, 16:50)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I like 9.0.1. My first impression was the midrange seemed a bit boosted but there could be more bass heft too. It seems a bit clearer, almost as if there's less jitter.

Rufus - I recall you had some SAM V2 issues, others have mentioned an improvement with 9.0.1 SAM.  Any observations yourself?

No, I still have the same occasional 'thump' problems with 9.0.1 and SAM doesn't really sound any better with the Raidho C-1.1s. I'm not convinced the SAM profile is any good, or perhaps some other problem - no idea.   9.0.1 doesn't seem to have improved anything for me SAM-wise.
I'm still on 7.1.3 and using configurations from the old configurator. Presumably 9.0.1 is compatible only with configurations from the newer configurator?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England