Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
Hi, have downloaded and installed v9 but as far as I can tell it does not support integration with Spark - is this correct?

My audio dealer has promised this for over a year and I'm getting frustrated and am now thinking about streaming to my expert via other hardware (which I'll need to purchase - very annoying) that provides software to manage my music.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

(22-Dec-2015, 20:03)LEPPAL Wrote: Hi, have downloaded and installed v9 but as far as I can tell it does not support integration with Spark - is this correct?

My audio dealer has promised this for over a year and I'm getting frustrated and am now thinking about streaming to my expert via other hardware (which I'll need to purchase - very annoying) that provides software to manage my music.

Correct. If it was working with Spark, Devialet would have turned this release in a lot bigger deal than now.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Wow!! I take back my complaints about no new Features or usability improvements ... als this is just a great sound quality improvement (using B&W 804 Diamond). Very nice job!
Hi guys,

I wanted to give this a listen more than once before commenting. I'm now coming to the conclusion that this is a nice improvement. More bass for sure. Midrange seems clearer. Perhaps more musical than 8.1.3... 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
7.1.3 with the added SAM V2 bass perhaps? If it is, then I will probably install it and never make a change again!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Best till date in my book, at least over USB, I haven't tested anything else.

It seems to hit the perfect mix of fluidity, transparency and naturalness.

If I were to summarize in one word it would be effortless. It does feel - again - that the amp has infinite resources.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I also upgraded to 9.0.1 , I must agree that is sound more clearer (Perhaps this is an illusion)
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(22-Dec-2015, 18:25)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Dec-2015, 16:36)Sharone Wrote: Hi folks, i am making the first post here...

Just updated with 9.0.1, i can tell the difference in SQ and it is better than 8.1.3. It definitely sound more natural.

i was used to the old reference 7.1.3 and recently just updated with 8.1.3 a few days back. The sound from 8.1.3 seems more hifi sounding and I have to disable DPM and subsonic to my listening preferences. Still never feel satisfy with 8.1.3.

Anyway, this is just initial listening, will need to more time for a final verdict on 9.0.1.

Welcome to this forum...

I agree with You that 8,1,3, sounds more hifi than highendish:-)

I used 8.1.3. with my 200 during one month and in the end I wasn't happy with its sound. Now, returning to 7.1.3., during last weeks, I am again happy to own Devialet 200. This firmware has nice smoothness, great details, no treble sibilants and right amount od bass (SAM 20% in my case). I don't have DSD files nor gramophne so I am not interested in new features. 

I think that Devialet 200 Expert sounds better when its temperature is above 40 degrees. Optimal is around 43...at leat with 7.1.3.

Yes, the Devialet sounds better after running 10min. I typically hit >40degC easily due to the tropical climate here (Singapore).

I am still trying to be patient with 9.0.1 first and then compare with 7.1.3 later.
I prefer a spacious, natural sound and most of the time listening at low volumes (can only afford time to listen in late nights).
I find getting the preferred sound at low volumes is tougher compare to when the music is louder.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(23-Dec-2015, 03:56)Sharone Wrote:
(22-Dec-2015, 18:25)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Dec-2015, 16:36)Sharone Wrote: Hi folks, i am making the first post here...

Just updated with 9.0.1, i can tell the difference in SQ and it is better than 8.1.3. It definitely sound more natural.

i was used to the old reference 7.1.3 and recently just updated with 8.1.3 a few days back. The sound from 8.1.3 seems more hifi sounding and I have to disable DPM and subsonic to my listening preferences. Still never feel satisfy with 8.1.3.

Anyway, this is just initial listening, will need to more time for a final verdict on 9.0.1.

Welcome to this forum...

I agree with You that 8,1,3, sounds more hifi than highendish:-)

I used 8.1.3. with my 200 during one month and in the end I wasn't happy with its sound. Now, returning to 7.1.3., during last weeks, I am again happy to own Devialet 200. This firmware has nice smoothness, great details, no treble sibilants and right amount od bass (SAM 20% in my case). I don't have DSD files nor gramophne so I am not interested in new features. 

I think that Devialet 200 Expert sounds better when its temperature is above 40 degrees. Optimal is around 43...at leat with 7.1.3.

Yes, the Devialet sounds better after running 10min. I typically hit >40degC easily due to the tropical climate here (Singapore).

I am still trying to be patient with 9.0.1 first and then compare with 7.1.3 later.
I prefer a spacious, natural sound and most of the time listening at low volumes (can only afford time to listen in late nights).
I find getting the preferred sound at low volumes is tougher compare to when the music is louder.

True, in my setup it tends to sound best btwn -20 and -30.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(23-Dec-2015, 04:28)bernardl Wrote: True, in my setup it tends to sound best btwn -20 and -30.

Cheers,
Bernard

Me too. I have the default set at -40, but when I give the remote a hefty clockwise twist, then the system comes to life.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB