Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware update 1.3.0.x
(01-Sep-2015, 21:53)Rhamy Wrote: Tidal tidal plays lower volume wise than Spotify or Deezer

Spotify via BT or integrated in Spark? I can't seem to find any Spotify connectivity in Spark.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Sep-2015, 22:00)ragwo Wrote:
(01-Sep-2015, 21:53)Rhamy Wrote: Tidal tidal plays lower volume wise than Spotify or Deezer

Spotify via BT or integrated in Spark? I can't seem to find any Spotify connectivity in Spark.

Direct from Spotify via Bluetooth not through spark
I was streaming Spotify previously through an airport express. Though in fact sound should be better over wifi than Bluetooth. Maybe it's psychological.
Bluetooth is a means of conveying the signal and has limited bandwidth. You can play losses but it will sound not much better than low level MP3
Rodrat2Bluetooth is a means of conveying the signal and has limited bandwidth. You can play losses but it will sound not much better than low level MP3

Understood. Is it apt x?
Bluetooth is cool.
Interface upgrades in spark are cool. Far more control over inputs, renaming, identifying which phantom is left/right etc.

Navigating music not quite so quick and easy, more clicks to get to clicking the tracks.

Volume control I thought was cool as more control at the lower end is handy in my smaller room, until I started navigating to 50 and getting small increases and then and then it got a bit crazy like 45-60 almost doubles in volume. They seem to have moved the problem (large graduations) upwards a chunk, rather than fixing the curve properly.

Sound quality, I am not sure. There's a change in the balance in the bass region I think but can't put my finger on it haven't done enough listening tonight.

Anyone tried the night mode? Sounded really weird I think they've changed that for the worse.

Be interesting to see if they've fixed my optical anomalies (occasional clicks, and seemingly random 1+ second time sync issue)
Hello Devialet. A small request from one over 50 yers old, using an ipad mini. It is almost impossible to se album art and text in album view/artist view. I would also love to have cover view filling the screen (as mosaic) and larger text.

best regards Lars
(01-Sep-2015, 23:44)Butuz Wrote: Bluetooth is cool.
Interface upgrades in spark are cool. Far more control over inputs, renaming, identifying which phantom is left/right etc.

Navigating music not quite so quick and easy, more clicks to get to clicking the tracks.

Volume control I thought was cool as more control at the lower end is handy in my smaller room, until I started navigating to 50 and getting small increases and then and then it got a bit crazy like 45-60 almost doubles in volume.  They seem to have moved the problem (large graduations) upwards a chunk, rather than fixing the curve properly.

Sound quality, I am not sure.  There's a change in the balance in the bass region I think but can't put my finger on it haven't done enough listening tonight.

Anyone tried the night mode?  Sounded really weird I think they've changed that for the worse.

Be interesting to see if they've fixed my optical anomalies (occasional clicks, and seemingly random 1+ second time sync issue)

What is up with the volume level Jumping to 70 when connecting via bluetooth? I woke up the hole yesterday.
Those of you who are using bluetooth - are you using just one unit or a stereo pair?

Thanks,
UL
While playing 16/44 via toslink I experience random distortion for 2-3 seconds, much alike the distortion experienced while playing 24/96 on firmware 1.2.0.0. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage