Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
(17-Mar-2015, 23:12)Womaz Wrote: Another daft question......shall my input be WIFI or Ethernet......when using aWMP it is WIFI

Good question.  If you have both options, and don't mind keeping your 200 wired to the router, I would use Ethernet because it's likely to be more reliable.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I meant I am now streaming from JRiver to the 200 .......so its all done! I think ;-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(17-Mar-2015, 23:22)Womaz Wrote: I meant I am now streaming from JRiver to the 200 .......so its all done! I think ;-)

So how does it sound compared to streaming through the CLiC?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(17-Mar-2015, 23:21)thumb5 Wrote:
(17-Mar-2015, 23:12)Womaz Wrote: Another daft question......shall my input be WIFI or Ethernet......when using aWMP it is WIFI

Good question.  If you have both options, and don't mind keeping your 200 wired to the router, I would use Ethernet because it's likely to be more reliable.

When I select Ethernet there is no sound so must not be hard wired to router..........
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(17-Mar-2015, 23:15)Womaz Wrote: Ok its working now. I have no idea why it started to work now, but it did.

I cant thank you enough for your help tonight. It is very much appreciated. How the hell do you know all this stuff!!

Great!  I'm really pleased to hear that, and happy to have helped out.

(A lot of trial and error, and having worked with computers for ... probably too long.  As with most problem solving, it really helps to just take small steps rather than trying to get everything going all at once.)
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Mar-2015, 23:24)PhilP Wrote:
(17-Mar-2015, 23:22)Womaz Wrote: I meant I am now streaming from JRiver to the 200 .......so its all done! I think ;-)

So how does it sound compared to streaming through the CLiC?

Truth?? Its that long I cant remember Smile

There appears to be very littlle difference on first listen.....but there has to be surely
(17-Mar-2015, 23:30)Womaz Wrote: There appears to be very littlle difference on first listen.....but there has to be surely

Talk about an anti-climax Wink
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Mar-2015, 23:33)thumb5 Wrote:
(17-Mar-2015, 23:30)Womaz Wrote: There appears to be very littlle difference on first listen.....but there has to be surely

Talk about an anti-climax Wink

Actually I think its not as good.....some testing to be done. That was the whole point for me though, If i feel it is inferior I will look to use a streamer in the future too
Give a bit of time listening to AIR, get used to it, then switch back to the CLIC and see how it sounds in comparison. I find that's a more reliable way to assess differences than initial impressions of something new.
Warwickshire, UK
I agree. Thats how I auditioned the 200.
Would you expect the AIR to be better than the CLIC?