Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music file organisation
My apologies but I have another question. As stated earlier I bought a 24 bit download off 7 digital site. Only two of the tracks had the name of the track on the app. Is this common with a new release. I will be a bit miffed if I have to continually edit new purchases.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(05-Dec-2016, 19:58)Womaz Wrote: I would take you up on your offer but I am unable to find the link to email or PM you on your profile page.

Oops! Sorry. Options updated.
(05-Dec-2016, 20:11)Womaz Wrote: My apologies but I have another question. As stated earlier I bought a 24 bit download off 7 digital site. Only two of the tracks had the name of the track on the app. Is this common with a new release. I will be a bit miffed if I have to continually edit new purchases.

I do not have a great deal of downloads but a Norah Jones album downloaded from Qobuz recently had no value on the Track nos. tag and the Artist tag contents where not as expected.

Conclusion, we are at the mercy of the website or more likely the Music labels who provide the music files.
This is the reason we prefer to buy our own CDs and rip the correctly, so we can be the masters f our quality and material.
In order to be a closed ecosystem, every company is making of ways to have their own way of managing metadata. Many prefer to have a separate file where the metadata are stored, i.e. NAIM, so when you move to another solution, you literally are in the air.

With cover art, the easiest way is to open CUSTOM TAGS & ALBUM COVER TAB, click on OPEN COVER button, search for the image of the cover, and then click on SAVE button.

I have a quite extensive library and all my albums are with covers. Right now, I enrich my metadata so as to have more search options and being able to find albums by hitting for example the "mastered by" tag, even though I do not remember the album's name.

It is a time consuming procedure, but worth it 100%.

For a digital library, the quality of your metadata determines the quality of the library itself. There is no use to have 10,000 albums if you cannot search through them easily and find what you want.

PS: Have you tried the MUSIChi Player? What is your opinion of it?
I will try that method for the cover art , see if it works

Never looked at the MUSIChi player as I am not sure what I would use it for.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(05-Dec-2016, 22:17)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: With cover art, the easiest way is to open CUSTOM TAGS & ALBUM COVER TAB, click on OPEN COVER button, search for the image of the cover, and then click on SAVE button.

I cant find these tabs in my tagger software
I used to use a programme called Bliss. It's available for Mac and PC, is fully configurable to find missing metadata and album artwork. I think it was about £15 for 1000 "fixes", but that was a while ago. It might be worth giving it a try.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Photo 
(05-Dec-2016, 22:40)Womaz Wrote:
(05-Dec-2016, 22:17)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: With cover art, the easiest way is to open CUSTOM TAGS & ALBUM COVER TAB, click on OPEN COVER button, search for the image of the cover, and then click on SAVE button.

I cant find these tabs in my tagger software

See the attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Again thank you for your time, but the album covers are already in the box you highlight as I have tried this.
I have got an email back from their support , but i do not understand it......lets say there is an obvious translation issue ;-)
(06-Dec-2016, 10:11)Womaz Wrote: Again thank you for your time, but the album covers are already in the box you highlight as I have tried this.
I have got an email back from their support , but i do not understand it......lets say there is an obvious translation issue ;-)

The only thing remaining then is that the app is handling the metadata in a different way and you should send an e-mail to them, to explain to you what you can do/should do.

However, you should continue use the Tagger for the metadata. In time, your library will become cleaner and cleaner Wink