Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music file organisation
Since the guy has problem with only 10 out of 200 albums, then either the app has a bug/glitch or the images are really really big and cannot read it. In case of the latter, there is a remedy. In the case of the former, there is none no mater what software he chooses to use i'm afraid....
Ok so let's see if I have this right.
The file size is too large or it's a bug. So how about I find a small file size cover and embed it into the albums that have incorrect or missing artwork?
If the problem persists it's a bug?
All 3 apps have same missing artwork so hopefully it's the file size
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Image sizes are 9.36kb to 12kb.......and of course I have no idea if this is large :-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
No, that's tiny. A problem I've had in the past maybe once or twice is the container (usually flac) seems to be corrupted or unreadable somehow, or more likely the music server can't read it properly it for some reason, in order to extract any embedded image or other data. Just converting the tracks to another format and then back again (or straight flac to flac if the converter software can handle that) fixes it. I'd usually do this with the dbPoweramp converter utility but there's probably free tools available. This is really unusual though and rare in my experience.

I'm pretty sure Twonky recognises folder.jpg files though so this wouldn't really explain it. I tend to use both when I rip music - embed the image in each track and use it in a single folder.jpg just in case any music servers have problems with one or the other.
Also it might be worth contacting Twonky support... I've contacted them in the past and they'v been very helpful.
Thanks for the reply Rufus. To be honest I am ready to give up on my quest to get the artwork correct.

There is no logical reason why it is incorrect on some albums. For example I bought the new Bruno Mars album ( again I will state for my daughter Smile ). The album art disappeared after I amended the track names. I then decided to delete the whole album and files and download it again for the 7 digital site. Still no artwork. So I decided one last attempt and deleted it all again and downloaded it again. Guess what? ....album artwork back again. Baffling.
Open these pics in a program like Paint. Then resave them as jpg under a different name.
Usually does the trick for me with buggy artwork.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(07-Dec-2016, 10:23)Cylob Wrote: Open these pics in a program like Paint. Then resave them as jpg under a different name.
Usually does the trick for me with buggy artwork.

OK I have now tried this also and it didnt work Big Grin
I did a bit of googling and there's a few similar instances mentioned on forums.linn.co.uk (and probably elsewhere, but user 'Briain' over on the Linn forum is very knowledgeable about this stuff). One suggestion which I'm not sure has been mentioned here is just to rebuild the Twonky database. You can access the Twonky control panel in the Melco at http://yourmelcoaddress:9050/ - under Advanced (if my memory is working) there's an option to rebuild the database.
(07-Dec-2016, 12:37)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I did a bit of googling and there's a few similar instances mentioned on forums.linn.co.uk (and probably elsewhere, but user 'Briain' over on the Linn forum is very knowledgeable about this stuff). One suggestion which I'm not sure has been mentioned here is just to rebuild the Twonky database. You can access the Twonky control panel in the Melco at http://yourmelcoaddress:9050/ - under Advanced (if my memory is working)  there's an option to rebuild the database.

Ok I may try this but could I just create more issues?