Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music file organisation
Once again thanks for taking the time to help me. I doubt Lumin are going to want to help me as I don't have their product. I have the Melco .....and they have failed to deliver on their promise of an app
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(06-Dec-2016, 13:16)Womaz Wrote: Once again thanks for taking the time to help me. I doubt Lumin are going to want to help me as I don't have their product. I have the Melco .....and they have failed to deliver on their promise of an app

If i were you, i would concentrate in tidying up my music library. In the meantime, maybe an app update will solve this issue you have. Idea
I agree, but I have more or less tidied up my music library. The software is excellent for that. All i need is something that will tidy up the three covers I am missing and a few albums that have the incorrect cover.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(06-Dec-2016, 16:40)Womaz Wrote: I agree, but I have more or less tidied up my music library. The software is excellent for that. All i need is something that will tidy up the three covers I am missing and a few albums that have the incorrect cover.

Are you embedding the covers in the tracks, or in a separate file?

Are you using windows?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I have tried both methods , and yes Windows is my operating system.
The covers are there the app just does not recognise them, I am led to believe Twonky is not good for this
Just thinking if it is a Twonky issue it does not matter what app I use ?
So you have files that work and files that do not? I would check the tags using something like mp3tag (I trust it, ignore the mp3 bit in the name) and look for a difference, some questions I would check are.

1) Is the resolution of the ones that do not work really large?
2) Is the file size really large?

In mp3tag right click the track and chose Extended Tags, this will show all tags in the track, look for oddness.

If it is twonky do you have to force a rescan of your library for the new metadata to be picked up? A lot of metadata editors do not update the timestamps of the files when they edit them, so might not get automatically picked up.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Yes most files work fine. About 10 albums out of over 2000 have incorrect or missing artwork
I have used the new software and it's great for sorting files and separating all of the albums that used to get bundled together , but the artwork is very difficult to change.

Yes I did a rescan and that actually lost me another album cover. The album in question was only bought on Friday. It's frustrating

Not sure about using more software as not sure what damage I could do
How big are the images? If they're embedded in each track then it's wise to keep them fairly small. I usually aim for a max of 1500x1500px which usually results in an image of a few hundred kb max. I know there can be some issues with really large images.
If the image is separate, e.g. folder.jpg for a whole album could it be a file permission problem?

mp3tag is good and powerful. I tend to use Media Monkey for most of my tagging as it's relatively simple for my little brain.
I will check out the file size but I am not good at this PC based music stuff
Also surely if I buy a FLAC download from say 7 digital or qobuz ......well I assume they will get this right?