Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!!
(25-Aug-2016, 15:11)Olivier4444 Wrote: Got mine through dealer too... In France

Are you also living in France or in the US?

If you live in the US, do you mind to share how the shipping, customs, VAT refund work?

Thanks in advance!
Before the USA store I was able to buy mine from France with no VAT added and free shipping.
You roll the dice with us customs mine came in without any duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25-Aug-2016, 20:38)Silververtu Wrote:
(25-Aug-2016, 15:11)Olivier4444 Wrote: Got mine through dealer too... In France

Are you also living in France or in the US?

If you live in the US, do you mind to share how the shipping, customs, VAT refund work?

Thanks in advance!

I live in France
Astonishing! They look amazing. Thanks for sharing some pictures! I'm really curious if the latency has become less with the latest firmware compared to the silver phantoms. Then they can finally be used for DJ purposes.
Net net... after 50+ hours of listening golds definitely sound DIFFERENT, but it's going to be user preference as to whether they sound BETTER.

The Silvers sound a bit lighter, especially in the mid-range.

The Gold's have much more punch in the mid-range, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.

The highs are better to my ear on the highs.
Dkoretz, The highs are better to my ears on the ???? Did you mean Golds or Silvers and what is the difference you hear in the highs?
(31-Aug-2016, 15:02)Mr_Bill Wrote: Dkoretz, The highs are better to my ears on the ????  Did you mean Golds or Silvers and what is the difference you hear in the highs?

whoops....  Smile

I meant that the highs feel lighter than on the gold's. It's a bit of a more hollow sound, but it's also less intense. Hard to describe, but definitely a preference thing, not a "better" IMO.
Congrats !

I just had a demo of the Phantom Gold.
During the demo i was able to conclude that this unit can make big fat sound.
Fatter, louder, stronger...
This is my very own opinion about it is .
I also had an amazing demo on a €500 000 setup were Lana del Rey did not sound so well while a classical concert blasted my ears and took my breath away.
Got my pair of Gold installed today.

Well, the process was a little bumpy, as I discovered, thanks to the help of the Devialet help desk, that the Dialog was not compatible with my ethernet switch.

Anyway, I got it finally working. I was quite excited as I never had been able to listen to the Golds before (only the Silver in one of the Devialet stores in Paris).

Final verdict: of course, I can not make an A/B comparison with the Silvers in my living room, but to me, Devialet did an impressive job woth the Golds. In my opinion, the main "weakness" of the silver was lying in not so great "high mediums". On classical music, they sounded a little bit to cold for me.
With the Gold, the medium to high range sounds, IMHO, much richer.

The bass register remains incredibly punchy, plain and fast.

I have been listening to them for a couple of hours, and I am now officialy very impressed! Smile
Totally agree with you ... Same impression here !