Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!!
Is there a noticeable background hissing noise while playing music with the Gold Phantom, as some of us have problems with owning the Silver Phantom?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
@ragwo have you try to use the optical port of your Phantom instead of the one of your Dialog ? I did it and the hissing noise disseapear.
(13-Aug-2016, 09:44)mak972 Wrote: @ragwo have you try to use the optical port of your Phantom instead of the one of your Dialog ? I did it and the hissing noise disseapear.

I've tried everything and the hissing noise is still present. Here's a thread about the problem:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1558
My Phantom Voyage
(12-Aug-2016, 22:44)ragwo Wrote: Is there a noticeable background hissing noise while playing music with the Gold Phantom, as some of us have problems with owning the Silver Phantom?

I haven't heard it... I used to hear it on my Silvers when I first got them, but I changed my configuration and it went away.

I switched from using the Optical to power a Sonos Connect (back when the Spark software was truly garbage), so I could run Sonos's much better SW interface.

Once they added Spotify connect, I just live in Spotify, and I don't hear any hissing noise.

I am having some issues with sound cutting out, but I think it's my network causing the problem actually. It was running perfectly, and then I think I made changes that caused it. Still researching.

DK
Thanks a lot! Smile
My Phantom Voyage
Got my 2 golds last friday and I have to say I am very impressed.
Coming from a the expert D200 (with victoria Evo speakers), I was afraid the sound quality wouldn't be as good but I was wrong ... it's really close ! with higher bass of course.
I changed for several reasons :
- phantoms are plug & play ... I had to try out so many different set ups to get the D200 work properly (partially due to AIR)
- auto sensing when TV is on ... I couldn't stand having to switch sources manually with the D200
- easier to sell/update the phantoms than the expert with speakers
- Gold phantoms look very classy with the wooden branch
- Movies do definitely sound better with the phantoms than with the expert models

Really happy with my purchase Smile
Super. Thanks. Love to hear more new owner reflections, especially in comparison with silvers.

I notice that there's not been any professional reviews yet.
(23-Aug-2016, 07:28)Olivier4444 Wrote: Got my 2 golds last friday and I have to say I am very impressed.
Coming from a the expert D200 (with victoria Evo speakers), I was afraid the sound quality wouldn't be as good but I was wrong ... it's really close ! with higher bass of course.
- phantoms are plug & play ... I had to try out so many different set ups to get the D200 work properly (partially due to AIR)
- auto sensing when TV is on ... I couldn't stand having to switch sources manually with the D200
- Movies do definitely sound better with the phantoms than with the expert models

Thanks for sharing your impressions! Speaking of which, is everyone with the Gold's from Europe or purchasing through dealers? 

It's still not available on Devialet's website or any other major online retailer at this time Undecided - I don't even know if there are any dealers where I'm living (Hawaii).
(24-Aug-2016, 08:15)daveyjung Wrote:
(23-Aug-2016, 07:28)Olivier4444 Wrote: Got my 2 golds last friday and I have to say I am very impressed.

Thanks for sharing your impressions! Speaking of which, is everyone with the Gold's from Europe or purchasing through dealers? 

It's still not available on Devialet's website or any other major online retailer at this time Undecided - I don't even know if there are any dealers where I'm living (Hawaii).
Dealers are getting the priority. I am in the US, and have had mine for several weeks.

I would order through dealer.
Got mine through dealer too... In France