Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Speakers
(09-Jan-2016, 15:51)Womaz Wrote: A pic

Like the print.

Have you thought of Guerneri's? Apparently the older ones are very nice.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
Yes, the older ones are nice Smile

But they definitely like being away from walls -- maybe partly because they're rear-ported.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Daughter has gone , think I bored her to death :-)
Ok now a further 10cm off the wall , and SAM at 33%. That's as far as I can pull them off the wall without it getting silly
It feels like a big improvement so far. Full nights listening ahead .
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I can see why some people think they are dull though. I don't think the speaker is dull as it does so much so well , but yes maybe it lacks a bit of excitement, and so far I do find the bass rather dull.

Maybe you can never get everything you want in a speaker when you have my room restrictions. Enjoying it all though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
if you cant pull the speakers out a bit then would there be any mileage in 'bunging' the bass port a bit to reduce the bass?

i have no experience of this, its just something i have read about but others here may be able to advise better
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(09-Jan-2016, 19:05)tyefighter Wrote: if you cant pull the speakers out a bit then would there be any mileage in 'bunging' the bass port a bit to reduce the bass?

i have no experience of this, its just something i have read about but others here may be able to advise better

Can't be done on this speaker as its a metal grill going down the side...."bloody elegant I must say :-)
they do look amazing in your photo
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Honest the photo does not do them justice. They are a work of art.

Some music sounds exceptional with them too. Just played Nadia Reid - Listen to Formation, Look for the SIgns . Played the full album and it was sublime.

SAM now at 0%
so is SAM at 0% taming that base for you at all?

The Cotswolds England
I have Sam at 20% voor my Olympica's.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands