Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(11-Nov-2015, 21:54)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 20:06)Krisp Wrote: If you would live in the countryside a Ferrari will surely not perform on a pebble road and you will have to find your specific solution to make full use of your sportscar, whatever this solution might look like.

What annoys me is that my metaphorical Ferarri is on a metaphorical race track, as I have a small room and 100mb cable broadband with the latest and greatest router Virgin Media have to offer

I would be happy to accept metaphorical liability if my metaphorical location was on a farm in Pembrokeshire with 1mb download speeds!

Metaphorically speaking Smile

Maybe this metaphorical car would be an alternative :-)

If you see both devices when old and new routers are connected than all devices are in the same network. You simply use switching functionality of your old one.

The old and new wifi have the same name I guess and so the devices try to jump from one wifi to the other one. The DHCP server is most probably on both routers. You have created an interesting configuration. Which more or less works accidentally.

As I said for the first step try a switch.
(11-Nov-2015, 22:59)karebe Wrote: If you see both devices when old and new routers are connected than all devices are in the same network. You simply use switching functionality of your old one.

The old and new wifi have the same name I guess and so the devices try to jump from one wifi to the other one. The DHCP server is most probably on both routers. You have created an interesting configuration. Which more or less works accidentally.

Ok - I don't really get any of this! Smile

So how do I make sure the dialogue is on its own network as suggested by Devialet?

On my devices I now see 2 networks with different names - the main router which phones iPads and laptops are connected to - and the 2ndary router which the dialogue is connected to via Ethernet 

So if I am controlling Spark on my iPhone on the main router - but the dialogue is on the second router what is happening 

All I know is that for now it's stopped any cut outs! And last 2 days - no issues with devices dropping off main router (I hope this lasts!!!)

Smile
(12-Nov-2015, 12:25)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 22:59)karebe Wrote: If you see both devices when old and new routers are connected than all devices are in the same network. You simply use switching functionality of your old one.

Ok - I don't really get any of this! Smile

So how do I make sure the dialogue is on its own network as suggested by Devialet?

On my devices I now see 2 networks with different names - the main router which phones iPads and laptops are connected to - and the 2ndary router which the dialogue is connected to via Ethernet 

So if I am controlling Spark on my iPhone on the main router - but the dialogue is on the second router what is happening 

All I know is that for now it's stopped any cut outs! And last 2 days - no issues with devices dropping off main router (I hope this lasts!!!)

Smile
If your are controlling with Spark on your iPhone the data flow to your main router and from it via Ethernet to your old router and to Dialog which is Ethernet connected. Same way back.

When you talk about two different networks. Do you mean wifi network names or the name of your routers? Actually an Ethernet network has no name.
(12-Nov-2015, 12:56)karebe Wrote: If your are controlling with Spark on your iPhone the data flow to your main router and from it via Ethernet to your old router and to Dialog which is Ethernet connected. Same way back.

When you talk about two different networks. Do you mean wifi network names or the name of your routers? Actually an Ethernet network has no name.

Ah ok so it's still going to my main router from my iPhone! Grrrr

When I talk about 2 networks yes I mean SSID on the router which shows up under wifi connections on devices

Anyway - next update, I managed to get the router settings on the 2ndary router and disabled wifi to see if it would stop devices dropping of of primary router

So now I have Main Router (wifi enabled) -ethernet to 2nd Router (with wifi disabled) - Ethernet to Dialogue - wifi to Phantoms

I though this would finally keep everyone happy - but alas for some weird reason beyond me, my sons iPhone 4s keeps dropping off the 2.4ghz signal from the primary router Sad

We were both there refreshing our phones (mine is 5s) and both connected to the 2.4ghz signal and every 30 seconds his would disconnect momentarily then recconnect itself a few secs later.

I turned off the 2ndary router - and it kept happening!

I unplugged the Ethernet cable between the routers......and it stopped happening 

Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh! 

Thanks for any advice you may have on this Smile
Hi
Have a look at section 5.1 and 5.2, the drawings should suffice

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ecommended

Regards
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(12-Nov-2015, 22:52)Teliaved Wrote: Hi
Have a look at section 5.1 and 5.2, the drawings should suffice

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ecommended

Regards

Thanks 

So the only difference there to the set up I mentioned in my last post is that I am using a wifi disabled Virgin router instead of the Airport

So this is better because it has a LAN port to connect the Dialogue?

And would you be confident this would stop devices connected to the main router being affected? This is my sole remaining issue. (Before I spend my hard earned buying one Smile)

many thanks Smile
Jamie
Fuck it - just splashed out on an airport express!

I guess I don't need to understand it right?

So far so bloody amazing Smile Smile Smile Smile

And it's also fixed an issue with Spark taking a few seconds to connect each time i toggle to it

Now it snaps straight in so I can mute much quicker!!!

Halle bloody lujha!

(He says - wondering if he should have waited a few days before posting!!!)

Smile
Glad pointing to this resource helped.
I have no phantoms for now - it is just a question of time and money, but I am surprised so many people have issues with their networks and so few look u at Devialet's Web site assistance phantom network.

Hey, maybe not reading the manual is part of the fun.

Anyway, I will also include airport in the setup from day 1.

Regards
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
Fair point. But the thing that put me off the scent is that I had no issues for the first month or so (a few reboots here and there) then the issues suddenly got worse - before and after the latest update

So human nature will then blame the Phantoms / Dialogue (they worked once with my set up so something must have gone wrong with a change to the software). After all I have a super fast cable broadband and just a few phones connected to a really strong router.

And during loads of discussions (mostly me adding loads of scenarios and tests and waiting for them to reply).....only once right at the very end did they suggest to try the phantoms on a a dedicated network (didn't mention Apple airport until after I still issues with an additional wireless disabled virgin router)

Otherwise they went straight to telling me to wire the speakers in with Ethernet cables (which is not at all feasible for me to do (and a big one of the many reasons I bought them)

Why oh why don't they just build the required router functionality into the Dialogue in the first place?

For me this is still Devialets problem to sort out if they can't get the speakers to work without an Apple Airport express on a set up like mine

But - I am past caring Smile If my problems are fixed then I back to loving the speakers more than anything else I have ever owned........ Even if slightly frustrated by the experience of it all Wink