Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripping cd's
FWIW, I used DbPoweramp to rip my CD's and I had one CD that had a scratch on it. It's one of my favourites and I used to take it to the rig with me and play it on a portable CD player and that ruined it. The database / accurate rip section of the software ensured that my CD got read over and over again ALL NIGHT LONG but eventually got it right. It's a brilliant piece of software and it saved what was otherwise an un playable (is that a word?) CD.

I believe the data base gets updated automatically by the users so when someone rips a CD, the exact bits get counted and added to the database. Once more people rip the same CD, the database gets more accurate. That's why it tells you how many of the same rips it found.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
http://english.digibit.es/index.php/cd-robot.html

Is there any more ones like this out there ??
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
I had read thsi thread few times before doing RIPPING all over again as in the past i was not happy with my source.
Today, I recieved new External HP USB DVD/CD RW drive, few hours ago downloaded dBpoweramp. going through the RIPPING sessions
Doing Lossless Uncompressed FLAC.  Not doing anything on the DSP Settings.

its painful to go through whole set of CDs only fun is wine is giving me company along with "Ghost Protocol". there are about 200 CDs roughly Sad . 10 done until now (2 hours since i started). Will do few CDs each day. 

Thanks for this thread and good info shared here.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(22-Mar-2015, 17:39)Jnan_devi Wrote: I had read thsi thread few times before doing RIPPING all over again as in the past i was not happy with my source.
Today, I recieved new External HP USB DVD/CD RW drive, few hours ago downloaded dBpoweramp. going through the RIPPING sessions
Doing Lossless Uncompressed FLAC.  Not doing anything on the DSP Settings.

its painful to go through whole set of CDs only fun is wine is giving me company along with "Ghost Protocol". there are about 200 CDs roughly Sad . 10 done until now (2 hours since i started). Will do few CDs each day. 

Thanks for this thread and good info shared here.

Took me about 6 months in total as I lost the discipline of doing a few discs per day. Well worth it in the end though, good luck.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(22-Mar-2015, 17:41)Womaz Wrote:
(22-Mar-2015, 17:39)Jnan_devi Wrote: ...  about 200 CDs roughly Sad . 10 done until now (2 hours since i started). Will do few CDs each day.  Thanks for this thread and good info shared here.
Took me about 6 months in total as I lost the discipline of doing a few discs per day. Well worth it in the end though, good luck.

Thanks Womaz ! lets see how it goes.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
BTW whats the meaning of "Accurate(number)" means? Whats the significance of a number within the brackets?
I am no expert , but I have always guessed its the number of correct rips done on that particular CD. I only guessed this as new releases tend to have very low numbers whereas say Fleetwood Mac has hundreds
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Oh good, thought its related to quality of the RIPPING.
Thanks Womaz.
dBPoweramp is now available on MAC

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/0...s-to-os-x/

I used it to batch convert my FLAC files to AIFF and so far I haven't found it to have made any mistakes yet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Mar-2015, 14:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote: dBPoweramp is now available on MAC

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/0...s-to-os-x/

I used it to batch convert my FLAC files to AIFF and so far I haven't found it to have made any mistakes yet.

Yes and there is 50% discount. I bought dBpoweramp yesterday, for windows PC and the site offered 50% discount for Mac download Smile . Did not know dBpoweramp was not available for MACs.