Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripping cd's
(22-Mar-2015, 17:41)Womaz Wrote:
(22-Mar-2015, 17:39)Jnan_devi Wrote: I had read thsi thread few times before doing RIPPING all over again as in the past i was not happy with my source.
Today, I recieved new External HP USB DVD/CD RW drive, few hours ago downloaded dBpoweramp. going through the RIPPING sessions
Doing Lossless Uncompressed FLAC.  Not doing anything on the DSP Settings.

its painful to go through whole set of CDs only fun is wine is giving me company along with "Ghost Protocol". there are about 200 CDs roughly Sad . 10 done until now (2 hours since i started). Will do few CDs each day. 

Thanks for this thread and good info shared here.

Took me about 6 months in total as I lost the discipline of doing a few discs per day. Well worth it in the end though, good luck.

Only 200!  I have been collecting CDs for since they first came out and it took me almost a year to rip my collection of 3,000 or so CDs.  As most of my CDs are classical music - I had to spend a lot of time modifying the metadata to ensure that my collection is indexed in a consistent way.  The results are well worth it - I am listening to a lot more music - including stuff I had forgotten about!
(24-Mar-2015, 00:10)Will Wrote:
(22-Mar-2015, 17:41)Womaz Wrote:
(22-Mar-2015, 17:39)Jnan_devi Wrote: I had read thsi thread few times before doing RIPPING all over again as in the past i was not happy with my source.
Today, I recieved new External HP USB DVD/CD RW drive, few hours ago downloaded dBpoweramp. going through the RIPPING sessions
Doing Lossless Uncompressed FLAC.  Not doing anything on the DSP Settings.

its painful to go through whole set of CDs only fun is wine is giving me company along with "Ghost Protocol". there are about 200 CDs roughly Sad . 10 done until now (2 hours since i started). Will do few CDs each day. 

Thanks for this thread and good info shared here.

Took me about 6 months in total as I lost the discipline of doing a few discs per day. Well worth it in the end though, good luck.

Only 200!  I have been collecting CDs for since they first came out and it took me almost a year to rip my collection of 3,000 or so CDs.  As most of my CDs are classical music - I had to spend a lot of time modifying the metadata to ensure that my collection is indexed in a consistent way.  The results are well worth it - I am listening to a lot more music - including stuff I had forgotten about!

WIll ... all of sudden, my pain to rip CDs, feel really diminished Smile long way to go and will crib less now .... So can you share BKM like if you have all ripped files/folders into one big folder or you have sperate folder for classic, jazz, hi-res, and where do you keep hi-res downloads because i have good set of hi-res downloads? because end of the day once we have a good streamer + their UI, it will index entire stuff into one big DB and ofcouse all info is available like albums, artist genre etc ... just asking to see how others are doing ...
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I have BW Music Society downloaded albums. The tagging is incorrect on them. Any tips how to fix them? For example DBpoweramp can help here?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
(25-Mar-2015, 16:10)Jnan_devi Wrote: I have BW Music Society downloaded albums. The tagging is incorrect on them. Any tips how to fix them? For example DBpoweramp can help here?

I never used it myself but vaguely remember my dealer mentioning something called Media monkey. It has something to do with meta data from what I recall. Not sure though 
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
dBPoweramp can tag if you have a Mac. Mp3Tag runs on Windows but can be run on a Mac through Wine and looks a bit more powerful.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread....-beta-OS-X

http://mp3tag.de/en/download.html
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
thanks all for tips.

I bought dbpoweramp for PC. I also have macs (macbookair) I can buy dbpoweramp for mac too (they are extending 50% discount Smile )

will try it out. thanks for inputs all once again.
Has anyone tried if devialet sound different between flac compression? The theory of uncompressed flac sound better is because the "decoder" does less work. Devialet's internal CPU is supposed to be much more powerful than require. Does compression level make any difference. That's assuming the streaming network is not being the bottleneck
I have always ripped to Lossless Uncompressed as Hard drives are so cheap these days.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I have always rip uncompressed to. I did a bit of test and found ssd in the nas does make a big difference. Therefore, I am considering the more compressed as ssd are a bit more expansive and limited to 1T per disc
The decompression will take place in the streamer or pc so I don't think the spec of the Devialet is the issue. Whether it makes a difference for the pc or streamer I'm not sure, I wasn't able to clearly identify when I tested with my previous Linn Akurate DS

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii