Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
I used your configuration files on my Expert 440 Pro, and power on, standby, and power off are working fine. It seems that configuration files are fine.

Since other users successfully used trigger cable on Expert 1000 Pro, I believe it is a cable issue (miss connected or broken cable).

Just for double checking, can you try here attached configuration files?

These are for Expert 440 Pro, and they are working fine with trigger cable. You won't be able to listen music (due inputs settings), but just check the behavior of power on, standby, and power off.

If it still not working as expected, then double check cables connections (a few times, I wrongly connect trigger cable on master/companion...).

Also, trigger cable must a be a stereo cable (3 pins at each end), and not a mono cable (2 pins at each end).

Other thing that sometimes helps is to fully power off both units after changing configuration files (unplug from the mains).

P.S.: In your post, I don't see your DOS version on companion. In order to see this, you can start your companion without SD card. In companion mode, this info in not available displayed.

Attached Files
.txt   dp_cfg_MASTER.txt (Size: 30.57 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   dp_cfg_COMPANION.txt (Size: 30.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
@bernardl - Just to double-check the obvious: is the trigger cable connected between the correct ports on the master and companion (per the diagram in the configurator)?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks a lot Daniel and Thumb5.

- Yes, the cable was connected to the right ports as indicated in the configurator (Trigger port on Master and RS232 on companion)
- I reinstalled the latest firnware/dos package from my Devialet page on both units before doing these tests so I think Dos release is the latest but I’ll double check that
- I was not aware about the existance of mono and stero cables and odds are that mine is a mono. It’s an old cable I found in my stock with no visible markings nor quality other than having 3.5mm connectors on both ends. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I’ll retest all this with the new trigger cable I have ordered since I have the feeling that this is most probably the problem. It should hopefully arrive today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for helping me debug this.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
@daniel.avasilichioaei can you give an example of a 3-pin cable you use?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(11-May-2020, 01:06)Dan Wrote: @daniel.avasilichioaei can you give an example of a 3-pin cable you use?

I am using the one provided with the amplifier. I don't know the manufacturer.
Since this cables is just for automation signals (and not for music), any cable will do the job. In the past, I was using this one: https://www.qed.co.uk/qed-profile-jack2jack-cable.html.
Thanks
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
The trigger cable provided by Devialet is an Audioquest 3.5mm cable. It doesn't say the model, but it has a black/grey sleeve.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(12-May-2020, 10:58)hardcore Wrote: The trigger cable provided by Devialet is an Audioquest 3.5mm cable. It doesn't say the model, but it has a black/grey sleeve.

Here is the Audioquest line up: https://www.audioquest.com/cables/analog...lls-series

Black and grey looks like the cheapest Tower series, about 30 US$ worth.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Daniel and all,

Good news. My cheap stereo trigger cable has arrived and I have tested the new config successfully.

The culprit was my old trigger cable that, I believe, was mono and not stereo.

Perphaps you could add this to your reference post?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Bernard
(12-May-2020, 14:43)bernardl Wrote: Daniel and all,

Good news. My cheap stereo trigger cable has arrived and I have tested the new config successfully.

The culprit was my old trigger cable that, I believe, was mono and not stereo.

Perphaps you could add this to your reference post?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Bernard

Done. Reference post is updated.