Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
Thanks!

Btw I was able to confirm that the temperature of the companion in stand by is now identical to that of the master.

And I would swear that the sound is a bit different, more liquid if I may say. While remaining super duper defined. It does sound very good.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Why would the sound be different? Did you use an input on companion before?
(13-May-2020, 13:10)markush Wrote: Why would the sound be different? Did you use an input on companion before?

No. I had never activated one. I still don’t use any btw.

The only rationale I can think of is lower operating temperature, but even that is dodgy because the trigger cable is only supposed to improve the stand by temperature.

Cheers,
bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Would be very interesting if Matheau/Devialet could share some feedback on this!
(14-May-2020, 07:39)markush Wrote: Would be very interesting if Matheau/Devialet could share some feedback on this!

Devialet already confirmation this behavior. Check this post: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Trigger-...4#pid91544.
Thanks, I meant though if this would have any effect on sound quality. Which I actually doubt.
(14-May-2020, 19:40)alaw Wrote: Its a cabled remote control for on/off, I can’t imagine it can make any audible difference.

indeed, there is no reason why it should have an impact.

cheers,
bernard
(14-May-2020, 19:40)alaw Wrote: Its a cabled remote control for on/off, I can’t imagine it can make any audible difference.

It does make a difference in sound though. I think it's not about temperatures etc. but the cable itself electrically couples the ground planes of the Master & Companion together, and this affects the ground loop noise between them.

In my system I take care to minimize all external cable connections to the Devialets and use galvanically isolated connections only: XLR AES digital input on Master and RCA-XLR interconnect to Companion. I do this to avoid extra ground loops between the amps.

With the trigger cable connected, it sounds a bit brighter and sharper. The sound changes even if I do not change the configuration to enable the trigger cable. With no trigger cable, it sounds a bit more punchy and smoother in the highs and 3-dimensional.

I prefer the sound without the trigger cable. But I think both sound good and people may prefer it either way.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this post should be on this thread, but it is very related to the discussion and I am having problems to the point I can't almost use my 440 CI

I have a 440 configuration that has been working fine for over a year, but all of the sudden in the last 2 days it has started failing to play one channel, which is connected to the companion amp. Sound started failing on the right channel, but originally it wasn't quite noticeable, it sounded like a bad recording; but today it has been more frequent and can't get to play any music properly. I thought it was a faulty connection and checked all cables and unplugged and back on and nothing changed. I tried turning on without the sd cards and they start as 220 CI and show no faults when checking them. My connections for the 440 configuration are the same as have been shown here, so it is very difficult to know what is going on.

After checking both units without cards, the companion and older amp showed the latest firmware, but the DOS was 2.2.2, the master had DOS 2.2.4; I did a firmware update and also tried a whole new configuration, but this time the master starts as 440 and the companion as 220, the screens show no RSS32 link between them, but the configuration files of the companion show that they are correct as in the posts of this thread. I have tried a new configuration at least 6 times and it stays behaving the same way. When I tried the same configuration I have been using the fault is increasing and when cycling through the screens the companion turns itself off and shows 440 on the screen.
I have also noticed in the first screen of both units, right under the DOS version that they show different versions of BK, the master shows BK1 and the companion shows BK0. Before the fault and updating DOS in the companion it used to show BK1 as the master unit. Another thing I noticed is the the BK1 sign or letters on the master are flickering, also the ethernet connection shows as intermittent and can't get the phone app to control the amp.
If any one could help me to figure out what this problem I'd appreciate a lot.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
(12-Jun-2020, 22:51)alaw Wrote: It sounds as if you’re compounding the problem... Stay calm! Just swap the sd cards and see if the fault moves. This will tell you if its the unit or the configuration. Perhaps one of the sd cards is corrupt? Re-create your configuration online and copy it to freshly formatted cards. If the fault doesn’t move with the card, perhaps you have a hardware error?

I have tried new configurations and new cards, the ones I mentioned before that don't connect both units are with new cards. All the config files seem to be ok, just when I turn the amps is when I see that the master starts with the new configuration name and as 440, the companion starts as 220. The only thing I haven't tried is swapping the cards of the older configuration, which is the one that starting giving the problem.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.