Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tale Of Two Fora
I participate on this forum and also on the HiFi Critic forum operated by Paul Messenger and Martin Colloms. 

Membership of both is free. HiFi Critic also produce a quarterly magazine, advertising free, 60 pages, very high quality, £65 per year.

Some interesting statistics:

DevialetChat Forum                    HiFi Critic Forum

Forum Age:                                  23 months                                  9 years

Members:                                     2,115                                         1,489

Logged In Visitors In 2016:             1,219                                        68                      (113 days)

Logged In Visitors In Last Day:        290                                           15                      (24 hours) 

Members With 10+ Posts:               400                                           109

Members With 100+ Posts:              76                                            32

Congratulations to Guillaume, and Rufus and Martyn, for making this such a well read and participative place.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Even more impressive is a subjective metric: tenor. I'm so pleased that the tone of this forum is almost exclusively polite, informative, and fun. Thanks all for that.
(22-Apr-2016, 20:45)deviousalet Wrote: Even more impressive is a subjective metric: tenor. I'm so pleased that the tone of this forum is almost exclusively polite, informative, and fun. Thanks all for that.

Go and get stuffed deviouslet!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
?. That would count as gracious and polite over on hifi wigwam!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(22-Apr-2016, 19:06)IanG-UK Wrote: Congratulations to Guillaume, and Rufus and Martyn, for making this such a well read and participative place.

Well done guys, we have a great forum here with good help and advice.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(22-Apr-2016, 21:00)Confused Wrote: Go and get stuffed deviouslet!

I had and excellent supper and am stuffed. Excellent suggestion, Confused. Now back to the music.
(22-Apr-2016, 23:34)deviousalet Wrote:
(22-Apr-2016, 21:00)Confused Wrote: Go and get stuffed deviouslet!

I had and excellent supper and am stuffed. Excellent suggestion, Confused. Now back to the music.

Splendid!  I am pleased you enjoyed my kind suggestion.  Oh, and please accept my apologies for misspelling 'deviousalet' in my earlier post, terribly remiss of me.  Angel
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
You guys crack me up!. If i'm ever to sell my Devialet I'll just keep coming here for fun Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Apr-2016, 08:39)Pim van Vliet Wrote: You guys crack me up!. If i'm ever to sell my Devialet I'll just keep coming here for fun Smile

Well you must stay at least another month because there will be another "2,000" event then when Confused hits that posting level.

At which point I guess he becomes MightyConfused.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Just a few more posts and he will hit the 2000.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier