Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
(11-May-2016, 17:31)G51 Wrote: When I turn on my D200, an AIR3 error report pops out on the MAC telling me to restart MAC. Tried several times but same result. Maybe my OS is just too outdated - you know outdated OS for my outdated Macbook.

That's a shame. That's a definite possibility as 10.7 is quite old now, but of course there's no way of knowing since Devialet release zero information with their beta's, which isn't exactly helpful for anyone testing....

Are you able to update it? I doubt you need better hardware just to stream music so it would be a shame to not use it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(11-May-2016, 17:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 17:31)G51 Wrote: When I turn on my D200, an AIR3 error report pops out on the MAC telling me to restart MAC. Tried several times but same result. Maybe my OS is just too outdated - you know outdated OS for my outdated Macbook.

That's a shame.  That's a definite possibility as 10.7 is quite old now, but of course there's no way of knowing since Devialet release zero information with their beta's, which isn't exactly helpful for anyone testing....

Are you able to update it? I doubt you need better hardware just to stream music so it would be a shame to not use it.
I have notified Devialet and hope it would send me a reply (within 2 weeks Confused ).
Its been some time since i did iTunes. Just then i opened iTunes, I realised my fav files are in FLAC format. Luckily when on iTunes i picked the NAS driver which did have few albums in AAC or MP3.

Tried AIR 3.0 (after initial hicchups on AIR app and settings "sound" ) - ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT no Drops, No white noise nothing. i m now about 6th track. not doing critical listening yet as personally I might say my USB from Roon is equally good (biased towards Roon?). Actually I have put the system on low (-40) volume and simply allowing it to play.

Well by the time I did proof reading this message I m already done 8th Track. Will try Roon once again later. For now iTunes - ENJOYING IT!.

To listen all my Fav albums, do i have to convert FLAC to AAC ? Hate it.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I just finished installing AIR3 beta and moved my Macbook Pro to the living room. I'm using Audirvana 2.4 with AIR. I've only played 1 song, but that's played without a hitch. I have to fiddle with the settings in Audirvana some more, but it already sound good.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(11-May-2016, 18:05)Eddye Wrote: I just finished installing AIR3 beta and moved my Macbook Pro to the living room. I'm using Audirvana 2.4 with AIR. I've only played 1 song, but that's played without a hitch. I have to fiddle with the settings in Audirvana some more, but it already sound good.

Hi Eddye are you able to select all the low level modes including integer 1?

I'm running an older version of A+ and it seems flawless. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
U N B E L I E V A B L E !

Air 2 worked for me most times, but Dirac couldn't connect to it. With v. 3 now everything works like a clockwork. I don't use wireless, though, but a dedicated ethernet line besides an XLR connection from my Mac.

Roon - DiracAP - AIR3 - ethernet - D800

It was a long wait but worth it!
I've 3 checkboxes:
Exclusive access mode
Direct mode
Integer mode
All are ticked
The selected Integer Mode is 1

I remember the options being a bit different in Audirvana 1.x

edit: added a screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Tried it with Roon in Exclusive mode. Different then with the older version it starts playing for about 1 song. Then it stops and nothing works anymore. I then have to do a hard rest of my macbook pro or imac.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Gentlemen - Could not wait any longer. Started Roon Again. Carefully (including how much i press my MacBook Keyboard as if it matters to setting up  AIR and on Roon zone selections etc Smile ).

AIR 3.0 with 1s delay, Roon AIR zone all checkbox enabled, 1s delay there too.

Unable to control my excitement (could have waited for 1 hour or so), Its playing butter smooth since last 6 tracks. NO ISSUES at all!.

Hope "This is it"
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(11-May-2016, 18:32)Jnan_devi Wrote: Gentlemen - Could not wait any longer. Started Roon Again. Carefully (including how much i press my MacBook Keyboard as if it matters to setting up  AIR and on Roon zone selections etc Smile ).

AIR 3.0 with 1s delay, Roon AIR zone all checkbox enabled, 1s delay there too.

Unable to control my excitement (could have waited for 1 hour or so), Its playing butter smooth since last 6 tracks. NO ISSUES at all!.

Hope "This is it"

Can you post a screenshot with the Roon settings? And how do you set air with 1s delay?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands