Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
Air: settings > unlock > drop down menu pick your delay choice
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Honestly dont think this 3.0 version is based or ment to work on anything than using air via computer files/Tidal/Itunes etc

BTW works great here with Tidal Smile

Roon is another story
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
My RoonServer on MacBook computer. Zone selected is Devialet Air - Working perfectly, since last 50 mins.

Yes AIR 3.0 is also on the same MacBoo computer. Using iPad for Roon remote!. Humbly requesting, can you educate me what you meant by "Roon is another story" ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Has anyone had success with DSD files? I can play all PCM bitrates up to 192 without problems, but when I try DSD I get white noise with the music faintly playing in the background.

Is there some setting in the Mac system preferences or Audio Midi Setup I need to change to get DSD working?

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by this beta. I'm able to play all PCM files in both Audirvana and Roon.
(11-May-2016, 18:19)KraaijCheck Wrote: Tried it with Roon in Exclusive mode. Different then with the older version it starts playing for about 1 song. Then it stops and nothing works anymore. I then have to do a hard rest of my macbook pro or imac.

Same here - tried it with Roon and Air Ethernet and it drops out after approx 3 minutes. I had to reboot my macbook pro as the computer just kept hanging and I was unable to kill the process. I have tried three times, with the same disastrous result. Very disappointing indeed. It always works to stream via apple tv => optical or via usb.
(11-May-2016, 19:13)eag Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 18:19)KraaijCheck Wrote: Tried it with Roon in Exclusive mode. Different then with the older version it starts playing for about 1 song. Then it stops and nothing works anymore. I then have to do a hard rest of my macbook pro or imac.

Same here - tried it with Roon and Air Ethernet and it drops out after approx 3 minutes. I had to reboot my macbook pro as the computer just kept hanging and I was unable to kill the process. I have tried three times, with the same disastrous result. Very disappointing indeed. It always works to stream via apple tv => optical or via usb.

With the settings Jnan_devi described is looks more stable. The music stopt one time but i was able to start it again without doing a hard reset.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(11-May-2016, 19:20)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:13)eag Wrote:

With the settings Jnan_devi described is looks more stable. The music stopt one time but i was able to start it again without doing a hard reset.

AIR stuck/hanged for me too. I had to re-start my MacBook. then I moved to itunes -> AIR 3.0 = worked perfectly. But i re-started Roon just in case and it worked perfectly.

Can you try on you MacBook Settings -> Sound -> Output tab -> Pick up "Internal Speaker" instead of "Devialet Air" ?

I had picked Dev Air and after moving to iTunes and back to Roon, it was automatically on Internal Speakers.

BTW i observed one single Blip (maybe few ms) in music drop. then i increased to 2s on AIR 3.0. Since then no drops at all.
I'm a happy AIR3 user - having been a hopefully polite pain in the a*** with Devialet for two or three years.

So I do find it perverse that it takes quite an effort to find the beta release of AIR3 beta on the website, under Expert Announcements from Yaohan Yang, the guy hiding behind his camera.

Nothing on the core Expert website or even on the AIR technical page. Nothing on My Devialet either!

So, in terms of customer communication, with hungry customers who are potentially enthusiastic Devialet advocates, this is hardly any evidence of something thought through. As Rostron says on that thread on the Devialet webpage, it is only the second post from a Devialet representative shortly following their first post in over a year! And nothing about Windows.

Their communications "strategy" is at best intriguing.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.
SQ-wise this AIR3 is very good. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(11-May-2016, 19:46)Eddye Wrote: I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.
SQ-wise this AIR3 is very good. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing.

Oddly mine is perfect when changing sample rates but then I'm using an old version of A+ (1.5.12)

I agree re the sound, quite surprising coming from the totaldac.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK