Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
For me it works now for more than an hour with Roon. Love the sound so hope this will stay stable like this.

Other question: i don't see the devialet air icon in my taskbar. This was also the case with air v2. Only in the begin i saw the D sign in the taskbar. Anyone know how this is possible en how to fix?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
So what helped for me (thanks to Jnan_devi) was:

Devialet Air v3:
- Setting delay to 2000ms

Roon:
- Delay 1s
- Exclusive ON
- Integrer ON
- Max hardware buffer ON
- Use power of 2 ON
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(11-May-2016, 20:22)SwissBear Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:46)Eddye Wrote: I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.
SQ-wise this AIR3 is very good. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing.

I have the same issue here with Audirvana 2.5.0. When not upsampling, changing sample rates requires to 'reload' the driver, ie re-select it in Audirvana's preference. In upsampling mode, I have been facing some long drop-outs (a few seconds) every hour or so.
Hope others continue to enjoy Wink

Interesting. I've been using Audivarna 2.5 today with AIR 3 and it's working OK for me but I find it seems to take a few attempts to play another file with a different sample/bitrate to the one I just played - it's not immediate. Maybe 20 seconds or so before it seems to become playable. otherwise it just sits there on 00:00 not doing anything.  But I don't have to do anything else.

I seem to remember with earlier versions of AIR that there was an option to set sample/bitrate. Is it my faulty memory? AIR 3 seems to be auto-sensing.
How about DSD? I have no issues on 2.x with everything up to DSD files. . which occasionally drops out.
Did also some testing and V3 is not working for me.... after a few minutes i get a lot of 'cracks' in the sound.... I tried ETH and WiFi, so back to 2.1.3. Will try later again when i have some more time for a complete reset of the setup....

There is also no setting in V3 for iTunes bit perfect and disable EQ. I do think in V3 it's always on (for now).

Can someone direct me to the page where I can find the beta on the Devialet website? love to give them some feedback, but can not find the announcement.
(11-May-2016, 20:37)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 20:22)SwissBear Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:46)Eddye Wrote: I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.

I have the same issue here with Audirvana 2.5.0. When not upsampling, changing sample rates requires to 'reload' the driver, ie re-select it in Audirvana's preference. In upsampling mode, I have been facing some long drop-outs (a few seconds) every hour or so.
Hope others continue to enjoy Wink

Interesting. I've been using Audivarna 2.5 today with AIR 3 and it's working OK for me but I find it seems to take a few attempts to play another file with a different sample/bitrate to the one I just played - it's not immediate. Maybe 20 seconds or so before it seems to become playable. otherwise it just sits there on 00:00 not doing anything.  But I don't have to do anything else.

I seem to remember with earlier versions of AIR that there was an option to set sample/bitrate. Is it my faulty memory? AIR 3 seems to be auto-sensing.

Thanks Rufus ; I probably have not been patient enough !

And yes there was a default bit length / sample rate in older versions.
(11-May-2016, 20:35)KraaijCheck Wrote: So what helped for me (thanks to Jnan_devi) was:

Devialet Air v3:
- Setting delay to 2000ms

Roon:
- Delay 1s
- Exclusive ON
- Integrer ON
- Max hardware buffer ON
- Use power of 2 ON

Thx! So far so good..
(11-May-2016, 20:44)Xander Wrote: Did also some testing and V3 is not working for me.... after a few minutes i get a lot of 'cracks' in the sound.... I tried ETH and WiFi, so back to 2.1.3. Will try later again when i have some more time for a complete reset of the setup....

There is also no setting in V3 for iTunes bit perfect and disable EQ. I do think in V3 it's always on (for now).

Can someone direct me to the page where I can find the beta on the Devialet website? love to give them some feedback, but can not find the announcement.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ite-noise-

I think there have been a few posts today, regarding lack of information, compatible operating systems etc, that really should be posted on Devialet's website, you never know, they might even start responding?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks for the link....

So weird experiment:
After the install of V3 i tried to play this album using iTunes Music https://itun.es/nl/Sj11ab . After a while a lot of cracks etc etc... so I went back to 2.1.3 and played the same album... WTF, the same cracks ( I never had these). So now back to V3 and tried some other music and it works perfectly... I do think there are some bit rate issues in the album or what... will do some more testing and let you all know.
(11-May-2016, 19:48)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Oddly mine is perfect when changing sample rates but then I'm using an old version of A+ (1.5.12)

I agree re the sound, quite surprising coming from the totaldac.

Guillaume

Would be interested in your thoughts on comparing the SQ to the totaldac . .
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60