Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
(01-Aug-2016, 00:38)hk6230 Wrote: Maybe you should try Windows version. It supports DSD well.

Are you implying Windows machine running Roon Server or Bridge will sound better than its Mac counterpart?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Not wishing to put words in hk's mouth, but I think he just meant because DSD actually works....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'm just trialling Audirvana+ version 2.5.3 with AIR 3 RC.  Audirvana is much improved on when I last tried it (maybe 18 months ago - pre-version 2). Very easy to set up, the software works very slickly, user documentation is good and so far I think SQ is excellent so there's a lot to like. Qobuz integration works well but I must admit that I prefer Qobuz desktop from a usability point of view.

There is still a problem with sample rate switching when using Audirvana+ with AIR 3 - the software just 'hangs' if you switch to a track with a different sample rate with Direct Mode selected but once de-selected everything works as expected.

Looking forward to trying A+ Remote next Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I have a Mac mini and I want to try Roon with HQ Player and Devialet Air 3 release candidate. Can someone help me for the settings of Roon and HQ Player? I have no sound. it works perfectly when I only use Roon and Devialet Air 3.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
(02-Aug-2016, 22:26)Beajuju Wrote: I have a Mac mini and I want to try Roon with HQ Player and Devialet Air 3 release candidate. Can someone help me for the settings of Roon and HQ Player? I have no sound. it works perfectly when I only use Roon and Devialet Air 3.

Have you selected AIR driver as the HQPlayer device?
I'm not much if an HQPlayer user but that's all I can think of. As for the rest of the HQP settings, I think you're going to need to grab a nice cuppa (or alcoholic beverage of choice), and start enjoying some HQP docs and forum posts. Good luck.
For testing you can set it to pass through - ie doing nothing - which is probably a good idea just to check the setup's good at the base level.

I assume you're aware of this HQPlayer discussion topic?
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/hq-play...ead/6074/1

Also search for HQPlayer in their knowledge base - quite a few articles such as: https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_us...ogether%3F

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Aug-2016, 22:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 22:26)Beajuju Wrote: I have a Mac mini and I want to try Roon with HQ Player and Devialet Air 3 release candidate. Can someone help me for the settings of Roon and HQ Player? I have no sound. it works perfectly when I only use Roon and Devialet Air 3.

Have you selected AIR driver as the HQPlayer source?
I'm not much if an HQPlayer user but that's all I can think of. As for the rest of the HQP settings, I think you're going to need to grab a nice cuppa (or alcoholic beverage of choice), and start enjoying some HQP docs and forum posts. Good luck.
For testing you can set it to pass through - ie doing nothing - which is probably a good idea just to check the setup's good at the base level.
Yes, I chose Air as the HQPlayer source. I will try to find the answer from forum posts with a glass of red wine. Thank you for your kindness!
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.

Check that HQP has exclusivity to the audio (Air 3), that is you should disable it in the Roon Audio Setup. In HQP settings, you should see Core Audio as the backend, and Devialet AIR as the device.

Also, you can check HQP is working by loading some music (an artist or album, not necessarily your whole library) into HQP library and using it own browser interface (without any Roon) to see that it plays music with Air.

Once you have HQP working with Air, and you start using Roon again, then in Audio Setup, you point Roon to HQP, if HQP is on the same computer as Roon, then you need 'localhost' as to where HQP lives, on another (Roon) computer you have to point to the IP address of where HQP is located.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(11-May-2016, 14:56)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys

I have been testing the new AIR 3 beta for Mac.

I have been playing non-stop since 10am, so nearly 5 hours. No dropouts and no white noise.

I am using Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 and playing a collection of albums downloaded from Qobuz, some 24 bit.

See the attached image to see what low level playback options I have selected. Essentially everything!  Smile

This is by far the best SQ I have ever heard using AIR. At times jaw dropping. Many of you on here will know I have not been a great fan of AIR in the past. This in my mind changes everything (assuming the lack of dropouts and white noise perseveres!). I have NEVER heard AIR sound this good before. I know, I'm repeating myself!  Big Grin

Guillaume
Got a really strange issue with volume control using audirvana with AIR3 beta and a direct eth connection to my dev (no router or switch inbetween). It works fine and sounds great. When I installed AIR some 3 month ago the volume control of my devs remote did not work and I used the volume control of audirvana after enabling this function in the settings. Yesterday finally got a new remote. disabled volume control in audirvana. When using the devs remote to change the volume now both the devs volume is changing as well as audirvana volume bar is moving. Also when moving the the volume bar in Audirvana with my trackpad the devs volume is changing too.

Does anyone got a similar problem? Keep in mind that I've disabled the volume control in audirvana!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Sounds to me that this is by design, the Air protocol now passes volume information back and forth. Hardware volume is now linked to the core audio volume control for the device.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

But this must be a bug I guess. Maybe it will be fixed in the final AIR version.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner