Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
This popped up on the Devialet support forum a little earlier. Brave claims!
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...2#comments
(sorry I can't link direct to the comment).

-----
Some fresh news on what we have fixed, what is currently pending validation with the version we have testing internally. You will find also some feedback on question you have raised:

this details are for Windows Air users:

Sometime a white noise is happening. The fixe is under the final validation round, issue seems to be fixed with the last version we have in house right now.
I've got a Air device in my recording device list (control panel). This has been FIXED
I've got some clicking sound on regular basis. FIXED!

This details are below are for MacOs Air users:

No more bit perfect - We have remove this advanced feature in our release, just because most of the player are dealing the sampling rate by themself depending on the track you are listenning so we prefer leaving this part for the player. But you can still change it on the Apple Mixing console and select your preferred sampling rate.

"Direct Mode" we are not compliant with the Core Audio (Apple) way of providing the most direct audio path mode from kernel to user space, thus, we recommend NOT not enable this option when available because it won't work, but we provide the same feature in a more generic way (both for Windows and Mac) and it is enabled by default
Will you test Air with the next generation of OS for Mac? Yes indeed, we will try to be complaint as quickly as possible with the new generation of OS for Mac.

More news will follow as soon as we have some fresh update to share. in between, please do not hesitate to raise issue or questions to us.

Seb
Ähm, what does "fixed" mean? Did they publish a new Beta?

Again problems with a new OS. What a pity.
The fortune of third party stuff Undecided
What Mac OS are people running and getting 100% success with AIR3 beta?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Sep-2016, 12:36)Nightmare Wrote: Ähm, what does "fixed" mean? Did they publish a new Beta?

Again problems with a new OS. What a pity.
The fortune of third party stuff Undecided

In the support thread it says an updated beta will be released.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Sep-2016, 12:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What Mac OS are people running and getting 100% success with AIR3 beta?

El Capitan for me, use the most current releases.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(09-Sep-2016, 15:41)baddog Wrote:
(09-Sep-2016, 12:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What Mac OS are people running and getting 100% success with AIR3 beta?

El Capitan for me, use the most current releases.

Same here
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

A note of caution for everyone on upgrading to OSX Sierra which is due on September 20th. My macmini was previously running El Capitan and Air Beta 3 and was working 100% reliably.

I'm on the beta software programme with Apple and about three weeks I decided to upgrade the machine to the beta of Sierra. Unfortunately this appears to have introduced the problem of audio drop-outs into my system for the first time since installing Air 3 Beta.

Of course it may be a co-incidence, but nothing has changed in my setup apart from this software upgrade. Ive subsequently taken all the beta updates of Sierra to beta release 7 in the hope that this would address it, but the problem continues to occur.

Has anyone else experienced this issues with Mac OS Sierra? Fingers crossed its a pre-release problem that will be addressed. Either that Im going to have to work through my config to find a setup that works reliably, or hope that a subsequent version of Air 3 fixes any incompatibility with Sierra, or as a last resort consider going back to El Capitan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
No problems for me on Sierra since beta 2. GM user since yesterday had no time to test the latest.

Running AIR 3 on 2011 MacBook Air

Still using Yosemity and AIR3 works like a charme not using any router or switch. Direct connection between my mini and with AQ Diamond.
Won't upgrade the OS cause my mini is only used as a music computer.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Still on Yosemite and Air 3 beta works perfectly via Time Capsule and Erhernet.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany