Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
(08-Aug-2016, 16:06)Duomike Wrote: But this must be a bug I guess. Maybe it will be fixed in the final AIR version.

It's the same way on Windows, why do you keep thinking it's a bug?  Obviously it's a new feature in Air 3, they now have the OS software volume control on the computer directly bound to the volume control on the Devialet.

I have to assume because it's directly bound to the Devialet, Audirvana isn't allowed to fully disable it.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I reported this years ago, it is not a new problem.

I definitely think it is a bug. I only use iTunes and in alters the Mac volume control as well as the Dev volume

I believe the computer volume should say the same and only the Dev volume should change.

Changing the computer volume will surely affect bit-perfectness.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(08-Aug-2016, 19:10)canyelles Wrote: Changing the computer volume will surely affect bit-perfectness.

Not if the computer volume is tied directly to Devialet hardware and bypassing any software processing.  Allot of professional recording interface work similarily, my RME fireface does the exact same thing.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Aug-2016, 19:49)Dr Tone Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 19:10)canyelles Wrote: Changing the computer volume will surely affect bit-perfectness.

Not if the computer volume is tied directly to Devialet hardware and bypassing any software processing.  Allot of professional recording interface work similarily, my RME fireface does the exact same thing.

Possibly, I really don't know.

Regardless, I do not believe the Dev remote control should change the computer volume
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(09-Aug-2016, 09:22)canyelles Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 19:49)Dr Tone Wrote:

Regardless, I do not believe the Dev remote control should change the computer volume

Maybe it doesn't change the computer's volume but just the indicator?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Aug-2016, 11:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Aug-2016, 09:22)canyelles Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 19:49)Dr Tone Wrote: Not if the computer volume is tied directly to Devialet hardware and bypassing any software processing.  Allot of professional recording interface work similarily, my RME fireface does the exact same thing.

That's exactly what it's doing.

(09-Aug-2016, 13:45)Dr Tone Wrote:
(09-Aug-2016, 11:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Aug-2016, 09:22)canyelles Wrote: Possibly, I really don't know.

That's exactly what it's doing.

No, it also affects the volume through the computer speakers. Or , at least , it did in earlier versions of AIR/firmware

I am away from my Devialet at the moment and haven't tried the very latest AIR.
I'm currently using a Mac mini connected to my D250 via USB.

Is there any benefit to switching to AIR3?

Thanks
I think the sound is better with Air wireless than with USB.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Hi,

I confirm. You should really give a try to Air 3....

Regards