Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When this is released i think i will retire my audio pc
oooo i wonder what version 2 is!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Anyone got price and release information about this Sonore prodct, looks like a nice little thing.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Oct-2015, 10:40)octaviars Wrote: Anyone got price and release information about this Sonore prodct, looks like a nice little thing.

Neither are known at this point (from my very recent question on the CA thread).

'Probably this year' seemed like the current info.

It does look interesting.

Of course the room endpoint for the Pi2 looks like it will be out very soon (screenshots on the roon website, as well as DAR) so might be a viable alternate/fill-in

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Got som info from Sonore about the microRendu.

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

Quote:Sonore microRendu
Update #1

Mailing List Participation
I want to thank you for signing up for the Sonore microRendu update mailing list. Participation in this mailing list allows us to gauge customer interest in the project and provide you with first hand information free of forum speculation. As a reward for your participation in this mailing list, you will be among the first to be able to buy a unit when they are ready for sale.
Background
The Signature Series Rendu is the finest audio gear we have made. I started the Rendu series because I wasn't satisfied having to constantly deal with the short falls of a general purpose motherboards. When you use a general purpose motherboard, you get components on the board you don't need or want, you have to add noise filters, and you have to add plug-in cards, etc. I know I'm preaching to choir because you have been dealing with these very issues in your personal builds. Like you, I wanted to get away from masking the problems and instead focus on addressing them at their core. The Signature Series Rendu is a world class SPDIF/i2s source and I'm very proud of it. The microRendu is an extension of this concept and will fill the void by bringing a world class USB output to the series.
About the microRendu
The Sonore microRendu project is in essence two projects in one. 
The first project is the Sonicorbiter operating system. Sonicorbiter is a collaboration between Sonore by Simple Design and Small Green Computer. The Sonicorbiter operating system is a preconfigured renderer / endpoint / player with selectable output modes. We have spent countless hours behind the scenes working with the various developers of its Linux applications to assure they work well and deliver the kind of performance you demand.  

The second project is the hardware platform (code named toaster). The toaster is a collaboration between Sonore by simple Design, Small Green Computer and John Swenson. As part of our research and development, we have tested various hardware solutions and quite frankly we were not impressed. In order to meet our goals and push our interests in a new direction we needed to start fresh. This hardware has taken John over a year to design and incorporates several key features. For example: There are regulated zones on the Sonore microRendu providing unprecedented clean power to all components. There are very low jitter oscillators - one for the CPU and one for the USB hub that generate a completely new USB data signal to feed your device. Make no mistake, this product is intended to give you goosebumps. 

So where are we in this process....design is complete and we are moving into production. This week, I will begin the process of ordering everything we need to make the units. No eta at the moment and pricing terms are yet to be determined, but expect another update soon with this information.

Thank You,

Jesus R
www.sonore.us
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I got that too - its been a long wait for something to come out of that mailing list subscription!

All sounds really good and definitely at the top of my 'for consideration' list - it appears to be everything I'd need and in one tiny package.

Shame they haven't given much away about pricing.  If I had a solution for Room Correction and Roon that was compatible with Roons network endpoints, I would probably just go for the OrbiterSE.  It's fairly cheap and is available now and by all accounts sound great.  Considering its running on a stock cubox and first reports about it have been really good, the micro rendu should have potential to sound amazing…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I am really liking the fact that John Swenson has design input into this, it appears that this might have all the traits of the Uptone Regen built in by default of the engineer's design. Get a good LPS and it could well be a replacement for MacMini/Regen and with RoonReady and HQ Player NAA built in. To me that sounds like a perfect solution to taking the MacMini out of the replay chain. My interest has really perked on this.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(29-Jan-2016, 08:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I got that too - its been a long wait for something to come out of that mailing list subscription!

All sounds really good and definitely at the top of my 'for consideration' list - it appears to be everything I'd need and in one tiny package.

Shame they haven't given much away about pricing.  If I had a solution for Room Correction and Roon that was compatible with Roons network endpoints, I would probably just go for the OrbiterSE.  It's fairly cheap and is available now and by all accounts sound great.  Considering its running on a stock cubox, the micro rendu should have potential to sound amazing…..

(29-Jan-2016, 09:07)AllenB Wrote: I am really liking the fact that John Swenson has design input into this, it appears that this might have all the traits of the Uptone Regen built in by default of the engineer's design. Get a good LPS and it could well be a replacement for MacMini/Regen and with RoonReady and HQ Player NAA built in. To me that sounds like a perfect solution to taking the MacMini out of the replay chain. My interest has really perked on this.

My interest in this is really high as a replacement for my Aries even if the Aries already has ROON ready the microRendu placed right behind the Devialet with a hardwire adaptor like the one that comes with the Regen is looking mighty interesting.

The price is the only thing missing right now.

Second system