Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR problem with Windows 10
Hi guys,
anyone an idea why I can't activate my AIR (3.0.4) program on Windows 10 system.
The first line do not appear when I opend the AIR program only the line "disable Devialet Air"! "enable Devialet Air" unfortunately not!!!
My DEV. is correct contected with ethernet.

By the way - Devialet support is very bad in my opinion.

Thank you in advance.

BR
Stephan
Devialet 200; JRiver; Gizmo; Heco "The New Statement";

Target in Future Devialet 400; Innuos Mini MKIII; Focal Sopra II or Utopia Diablo or Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III
It is a while since I used Devialet Air, but from what I remember that is the way it works.
It should automatically detect your amp when it is switched on (the greyed out Devialet symbol turns black)
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
(12-Mar-2020, 20:02)Stephan84 Wrote: Hi guys,
anyone an idea why I can't activate my AIR (3.0.4) program on Windows 10 system.
The first line do not appear when I opend the AIR program only the line "disable Devialet Air"! "enable Devialet Air" unfortunately not!!!
My DEV. is correct contected with ethernet.

By the way - Devialet support is very bad in my opinion.

Thank you in advance.

BR
Stephan

Try to disable the firewall.
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Hi Marietto,

Thanks, but my firewall is deactivated.

In the meantime, Dev. support contacted me, but they have also no idea so far:/

@Graham,

Maybe I should updated to Dev 220 Pro - what's your impression of your update? Is it 3500 EUR worth?

BR,
Stephan

Target in Future Devialet 400; Innuos Mini MKIII; Focal Sopra II or Utopia Diablo or Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III
Hi,

just noticed this thread. I've previously been in contact with Devialet about Windows 10 and AIR issues (blue screens of death) and they just concluded that Windows 10 and AIR are incompatible:

My correspondence with Devialet support:

Hi Emmanuelle,

thanks for contacting me again. The incompatibility with Windows and AIR has persisted, and unlike I had hoped, is causing blue screens regardless of whether sound is being outputted or not. So I have only been able to use my Windows 10 computer after removing AIR completely from it. So yes, I've had now a stable system that way, which is not the same as solving the problem.

Obviously, this is quite a big issue.

Hope it gets solved soon, and I'm looking for updates for the process on this.

Regards,

Emmanuelle (Dev support):

Hello ****,

Hope this email finds you well.

For now, Devialet Air under Windows 10 is non official.
Therefore, we don't have solutions for this until a next update.

If you need to stream, what we recommend is UpnP or Roon which are excellent options.
@Stephan84 - in your original post you state ... "My DEV. is correct contected with ethernet." Do you mean you have an ethernet cable going directly from your PC to your Devialet, or that you just mean both are going through your router/switch? If direct (i.e. your PC has two ethernet ports), then that could be your problem.

I went from 200 to 220 Pro (and now 440 Pro). There is a nice improvement in SQ going to the Pro series, but whether it's worth the cost or not is a matter of how deep your pockets are. I took the step up because I felt it was the best way to stay supported and upgraded by Devialet. So far, that really hasn't panned out but there are rumors that a new firmware release is coming. Fingers crossed.

But... the problems with Devialet AIR will be true with a 220 Pro as well. I did not have the problem you seem to be having with v3.0.4 when I used it, but that version still had reliability problems often requiring a reboot of the Devialet and/or the PC. I switched to Roon and their implementation of AIR is perfect - never fails - and allows you to just delete the Devialet AIR software from your PC. I suspect Roon would be a far more worthy investment.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Hi Stephan,

The upgrade was certainly worth it for me as I was upgrading from a 120.
I also seem to be lucky in no t having any significant problems since the upgrade.

BW
Graham
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
Audirvana could be an alternative to roon, especially if You stream directly from Your PC, as I do. SQ in my system is remarkably better and streaming with my Windows 10 laptop works flawlessly via Audirvanas upnp protocol.
220 PRO/CI, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II, FritzBox 7590, Audirvana via USB, Tidal Hifi, - South Germany
(21-Mar-2020, 18:06)ekal Wrote: Hi,

just noticed this thread. I've previously been in contact with Devialet about Windows 10 and AIR issues (blue screens of death) and they just concluded that Windows 10 and AIR are incompatible:

My correspondence with Devialet support:

Hi Emmanuelle,

thanks for contacting me again. The incompatibility with Windows and AIR has persisted, and unlike I had hoped, is causing blue screens regardless of whether sound is being outputted or not. So I have only been able to use my Windows 10 computer after removing AIR completely from it. So yes, I've had now a stable system that way, which is not the same as solving the problem.

Obviously, this is quite a big issue.

Hope it gets solved soon, and I'm looking for updates for the process on this.

Regards,

Emmanuelle (Dev support):

Hello ****,

Hope this email finds you well.

For now, Devialet Air under Windows 10 is non official.
Therefore, we don't have solutions for this until a next update.

If you need to stream, what we recommend is UpnP or Roon which are excellent options.

Hi Ekal,

very interesting post for me - seems not all of the Devialet support know this. My contact is Shai.
Maybe you can tell me when you got this post form Emmanuelle?

Thanks and stay healty,
Stephan

Devialet released the most recent version of Devialet AIR v3.0.4 way back in July of 2017.    It had problems back then but it was certainly an improvement over the prior versions.  But, when it was released, Windows 10 was already a dominant Windows platform so it's a struggle to see how after over 2 1/2 years, Devialet finally concludes their Devialet AIR driver is not compatible with Win 10.  Perhaps Windows 10 has evolved to the point of incompatibility.  But if true, then why are they still providing it on their site for Windows with not even a caveat about Win 10 compatibility?

Personally, I eagerly jumped to Roon because their AIR integration is rock solid and that was a huge relief to those of us that fought the dreaded Devialet AIR drivers for so long.  But hey, who knows, perhaps Devialet will surprise all of us and release an update.... just not holding my breath.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA