Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR1 v AIR2 v Spark
Yes my white noise problem appears to be solved.

I'm not claiming it is 100% certain though I have not had white noise in the last two weeks.

The solution? Start everything with the internet connected and then just disconnect the internet by unplugging the RJ45. Same configuration; same connectivity; wifi or ethernet. That seems to work!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Ian, do you mean unplug the internet connection from the router?
Does this not stop the internet working for everything else? Very intrigued and a little excited !!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(23-Sep-2015, 09:17)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes my white noise problem appears to be solved.

I'm not claiming it is 100% certain though I have not had white noise in the last two weeks.

The solution? Start everything with the internet connected and then just disconnect the internet by unplugging the RJ45. Same configuration; same connectivity; wifi or ethernet. That seems to work!

I wonder if disconnecting the Internet effectively disables some programs/processes that require an Internet connection. If that were true, identifying and explicitly disabling these processes can accomplish the same result.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
With Internet access pulled, does it mean you will only be able to play local or NAS music?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I'm not sure but I guess so. I only use my MacBook Pro though it works using either Ethernet or Wifi.
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
Yes Alex my thoughts are the same. Disabling/disconnecting some processes/programs may well be the cause of no white noise (yet!)
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
(23-Sep-2015, 15:08)hk6230 Wrote: With Internet access pulled, does it mean you will only be able to play local or NAS music?

Gee, let me think, do you maybe have pigeon's that can send and deliver the Internet traffic packets after you disconnected your Internet access connection?  Angel  If not: no anything requiring an Internet connection will no longer work for anyone using that connection. Confused
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
And to clarify he pulls the DSL line feed from his DSL modem-router...in NL this is not a RJ45 but RJ11 connector BTW.

BTW, I remember again why I intended to stay out of this topic! Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(05-Sep-2015, 09:54)Confused Wrote: OK - It looks like no one can answer why it takes a team of French geniuses over a year to implement USB output on the Dialog?  So here is my theory ....

The world is full of USB drivers, and the USB input to the Devialet is pretty much industry standard.  How hard can it be?  I wonder if Devialet, who I believe are selling Dialog almost at cost (it is cheap), are worried about people using Dialog with other DAC / amplifier combinations?   Maybe they did have a working USB output back in February, then someone said, "hang on, this will work with anything, people will buy it because it's cheap, use it with any old amplifier (not a nice expensive / profitable Devialet one), and we'll be inundated with queries regarding spark whilest making no cash".  Just a theory.....

If ultimately the Dialog does gain expert compatibility with the Expert range, but it is some kind on non standard implementation that will not work with any old USB DAC, I would say theory confirmed and I am a genius!  If not, then I am happy to remain an idiot with an over active imagination sometimes......

Good catch! Big Grin
Sorry yes - I mean pulling out the DSL feed which is an RJ11 not an RJ45.

This does not appear to prejudice the operation of AIR based on my MacBook Pro music; nor my Spark operation for Dialog/Phantom.

Yes, the internet stops working but if I need it I just plug it back in briefly.
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England