Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables
(09-Feb-2019, 02:39)Pim Wrote: Hmmm.... MP3 silence.... not high end enough for me  Big Grin

Nothing that upsampling to DSD via 50 signal regenerators, LPS’s, and mains cables the price of a family car wouldn’t fix.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well there’s noise and there’s distortion. The best any cable can do, theoretically, is not pick up/emit (electrical) noise or add distortion to the signal it’s transferring. Some do better than others in this regard.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
For a proper noise test with the Devialet you need to ensure there is some signal, if not it mutes after about half a second. I made a super quiet band limited track and played it back, at full volume, there is a super tiny bit of noise from the tweeters with my ear next to them, almost nothing. There was slightly more noise on usb than optical or Ethernet fwiw.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Back to the Mythical Creatures topic of this thread, I've upgraded to Audioquest Thunderbird Zero/Bass bi-wire speaker cables. What I heard is at https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Deviousa...3#pid91403 and I'm very impressed!
Has anyone demoed or is using the Robin Hood or William Tell versions of the speaker cables - there price/performance ratio should be absolutely outstanding.
(12-May-2020, 15:16)markush Wrote: Has anyone demoed or is using the Robin Hood or William Tell versions of the speaker cables - there price/performance ratio should be absolutely outstanding.

hello all, haven’t been visiting too much lately as we are now using other gear but just wanted to echo the positive impressions offered by the AQ Mythical Creatures speaker cables.  We just added the ThunderBird Zero cables and are completely smitten....out of the box, a wonderfully large, detailed and thoroughly musical soundstage.
best,
stay safe
I went for the Robin Hood bi-wire combo (Zero & Bass) and it's really amazing - especially price/performance wise.
AQ have just jumped up their game so completely....the Z3 is just a total beast driving a D and these speaker cables are a revelation....sure the Robin Hood series is so good....call me a fan.
Oh great! Which cables did you hear?
£1400 for a pair of 2.5m Robin Hood zero is nuts!
Plus another £1400 If you want to biwire.
That’s too much to spend on speaker cables imo.
And is biwiring even worth it?
I’ve probably going to buy a niagara 1200 and some cables but the speaker cables would have to be loaned and make me go gaga to even contemplate spending that amount.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.