Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Air 3.0.4 Officially Released
@Bob: Thanks for your words. I'm thinking like you do!
(29-Mar-2017, 02:03)boba2013 Wrote: I respect the comments about new add-on's to the code or next item being considered has driven lots of chatter and interest and also, see a bit of slow-down.

I have to admit 2 things, first, I am really happy with my 250 Pro. My music system is working at 100%, the sound I have searched for quite some time is here. I can see me fine tuning my Mac-mini but Roon is handling it beautifully via USB to the Devialet.

2nd, I can wait for the Streaming board wishing the engineers at Devialet much success considering what wonderful tools are now available with some of the new quad core processors and memory that can be put on a small board today, (look at the latest portable music players with processors running Android OS), unbelievable what is being produced for under $500 let alone just a streamer with a $1,500 price tag!

I have the best system that I could want, and new stuff pre-paid for it coming this year.

I have to say, I am excited and truly, a Devialet fan boy, (ah, fan gentleman, past retirement age)!

I am investing into more recordings, (DSD and high-end FLAC), and have a wonderful internet radio station which I know many of you enjoy as well to learn of new bands and music, (talking about Radio Paradise).

Cheers, great year ahead for sure in my humble opinion!

Bob

Do you use the naim exlusive 320 acc on Radio Paradice ? Really good when upsampling to 44/176
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
After I re-installed AIR 3.0.2 I have not had one bluescreen using Roon/HQ Player/AIR so Devialet must have changed something in 3.0.4 to cause this in my system......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Mar-2017, 19:10)octaviars Wrote: After I re-installed AIR 3.0.2 I have not had one bluescreen using Roon/HQ Player/AIR so Devialet must have changed something in 3.0.4 to cause this in my system......

That's great news! Thank you for sharing. I think I'll try AIR 3.0.2 too  Shy
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(25-Mar-2017, 02:37)hk6230 Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 23:28)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It's hard to call it a success then really. Seems like the two classic failures of AIR, Mac crackles and BSOD, are still around. So I'm obviously glad I can finally use it for whatever reason, but it's hardly a resounding success after all this wait.

They seriously need some new programmers.

We can all (well, some if us) cling onto RoonReady as a replacement (I'd be glad to be able to stream direct over ethernet but never use AIR again given a choice.) but it's a long shot.

I agree about the excitement. Even in the time I've owned mine, DC was always full of chatter about new updates etc. But I guess since they rarely update anything anymore apart from the recent hardware, and never interact, there's kind of not much to talk about or get excited about.

I keep thinking what I'd replace mine with. I did resent giving Devialet more money, but think it was the right move to at least preserve some resale value. But just fine know what with. I think I'd probably go active speakers and a good room correction solution, and I'm sure more will appear. But I would like to at least actually see/use the streamer board before moving on.....
Give Kii 3 a try then. I will go audition one next week

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I got the chance to audition a Kii 3 last Saturday during the High End on Tour show in Darmstadt. Indeed I was impressed about the clear sound with deep bass and details coming out of this relativley small new system. Nevertheless, it would be no replacement for my setup and I doubt it can be for even better speakers connected to a Devialet Expert.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(25-Mar-2017, 02:37)hk6230 Wrote: Give Kii 3 a try then. I will go audition one next week

It was a serious contender for a while. But it took so long for them to materialise I plumped for the upgrade instead - even if its not a long term plan (I'm still undecided, but will certainly make up my mind if/when the streamer board comes out).

I've read good things about their sound.
I'm not really taken with the looks at all... But, more than anything I read one or two articles about it's everyday usage, the inputs, and then the Dialog style box that has other inputs, and ruled it out completely. It doesnt seem like they've really thought it through properly and was clear from the brief descriptions and photos that it wasn't designed by someone of the same mindset as me, and would drive me mad. They could use some new designers!

Whats exciting is the advancements in active speakers and technology, so I'll watch this space as they say. Im sure we'll be seeing more...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Mar-2017, 19:36)petrik Wrote:
(29-Mar-2017, 19:10)octaviars Wrote: After I re-installed AIR 3.0.2 I have not had one bluescreen using Roon/HQ Player/AIR so Devialet must have changed something in 3.0.4 to cause this in my system......

That's great news! Thank you for sharing. I think I'll try AIR 3.0.2 too  Shy

Well last night presented the first bluscreen with AIR 3.0.2 it is better than 3.0.4 but still not good. Have tried everyting that I can think of to solve this, installed all the newest firmwares on the computer (searching internet for a solution this was one of the fixes) but it still happens so it must be some problem runing AIR and HQPlayer together.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hi Guys!

I'm a complete newbie.. so sorry for spoiling this thread.. but I'm desperate.. Smile

I have installed the latest version AIR 3.0.4. on my Windows 10 laptop that is, of course, connected to my home network. For some reason I can't get my 220 PRO to connect to the network. Doesn't matter if I choose ETH or WIFI. I have activated both ETH (DHCP) and WIFI (with SSID and WPA) input via the configurator.

What am I overlooking?
Jriver/Tidal on PC Win10-> AIR 3.0.4 -> Devialet 220 Expert Pro -> Siltek 440 -> Sonus Faber Venere Signature
Does it show up on a network scanner? Can you ping it?

I'd restart your dhcp server then power cycle the D.

Failing that then I'd focus on the wired ethernet, try a fixed ip, and check the cables.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

No, I can't see it on the network.

I'll try the power cycling and see if it works.
Jriver/Tidal on PC Win10-> AIR 3.0.4 -> Devialet 220 Expert Pro -> Siltek 440 -> Sonus Faber Venere Signature