Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Air 3.0.4 Officially Released
(01-Apr-2017, 09:10)Dominic Wrote: Hi Guys!

I'm a complete newbie.. so sorry for spoiling this thread..  but I'm desperate.. Smile

I have installed the latest version AIR 3.0.4. on my Windows 10 laptop that is, of course, connected to my home network. For some reason I can't get my 220 PRO to connect to the network. Doesn't matter if I choose ETH or WIFI. I have activated both ETH (DHCP) and WIFI (with SSID and WPA) input via the configurator.

What am I overlooking?

I did have a similar issue many years ago when I first used AIR.  The fix was to change the network and sharing setting for file sharing.  To be honest I cannot remember exactly what I needed to do, but it was something to do with changing the default file sharing settings.

Good luck!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I did power cycling of my router, ethernet switch, laptop, Devialet and suddenly it worked. Can't really explain why it works but I can live with that! Smile

The sound quality using AIR compared to Laptop -> USB -> Devialet is like night and day. I am so happy that I tried AIR... sounds just great!
Jriver/Tidal on PC Win10-> AIR 3.0.4 -> Devialet 220 Expert Pro -> Siltek 440 -> Sonus Faber Venere Signature
(02-Apr-2017, 12:37)Dominic Wrote: I did power cycling of my router, ethernet switch, laptop, Devialet and suddenly it worked. Can't really explain why it works but I can live with that! Smile

The sound quality using AIR compared to Laptop -> USB -> Devialet is like night and day. I am so happy that I tried AIR... sounds just great!

Glad to hear that you are satisfactory on the sound with AIR.
Just curious that what platform you are using?  WIN or MAC?
(24-Mar-2017, 19:56)Dr Tone Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 19:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Is it me or has there been surprisingly little interest in this AIR release on DC?

I think the interest in the expert line has died down all together.  Not many talking about upgrading anymore.  Some people have probably just moved on the other products.  Devialet has quit adding new features to the firmware, we used to get excited about that ever 6 months.  Very view Pro series magazine reviews. Zero recent Devialet talk on the various audiophile forums.

Devialet's plan to put a Devialet in everyone's house is slowly back firing.

Hi dr, i know you are replacing your devialet , but since i had my sabrinas (got them yesterday) , i was wondering what settings do you have on Air 3.0.4 and roon?
I installed Air3.0.4 and tried upsampling to 192 kbs wich worked for few tracks ,then drop out and some air disconnections!!thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-Apr-2017, 18:45)samsoum Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 19:56)Dr Tone Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 19:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Is it me or has there been surprisingly little interest in this AIR release on DC?

I think the interest in the expert line has died down all together.  Not many talking about upgrading anymore.  Some people have probably just moved on the other products.  Devialet has quit adding new features to the firmware, we used to get excited about that ever 6 months.  Very view Pro series magazine reviews. Zero recent Devialet talk on the various audiophile forums.

Hi dr, i know you are replacing your devialet , but since i had my sabrinas (got them yesterday) , i was wondering what settings do you have on Air 3.0.4 and roon?
I installed Air3.0.4 and tried upsampling to 192 kbs wich worked for few tracks ,then drop out and some air disconnections!!thks

First off I was wired, you don't indicate if you are?

HQPlayer with the poly-sinc-ext filter upsampling everything sounds great with the Devialet and Sabrinas.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

@patrick12345:

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10.
Jriver/Tidal on PC Win10-> AIR 3.0.4 -> Devialet 220 Expert Pro -> Siltek 440 -> Sonus Faber Venere Signature
Photo 

[attachment=1926 Wrote:Dr Tone pid='60115' dateline='1491418116']    
(05-Apr-2017, 18:45)samsoum Wrote:
(24-Mar-2017, 19:56)Dr Tone Wrote: hi dr,
my dev200 is of course wired from linksys switch ,my macbookppro is connected to same wifi with devialet.

[size=undefined]
SPECIAL MODES

[/size]

First off I was wired, you don't indicate if you are?

HQPlayer with the poly-sinc-ext filter upsampling everything sounds great with the Devialet and Sabrinas.
You shouldn't have both wireless and wired enabled at the same time. Disable the wireless input if you are wired and give it a try again. Also use a fixed IP address, not having to worry about DHCP lease is one less thing for the Devialet to do.

I always ran my Devialet with everything disabled except the bare minimum inputs needed.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

At the moment I have two 250 PRO's. One in music room connected via ethernet and working perfectly with tidal and foobar. One in livingroom connected via wifi and working perfectly with tidal and foobar. Both controlling computers are win10.

And the sound is better than ever.
(06-Apr-2017, 13:30)Dr Tone Wrote: You shouldn't have both wireless and wired enabled at the same time. Disable the wireless input if you are wired and give it a try again. Also use a fixed IP address, not having to worry about DHCP lease is one less thing for the Devialet to do.

I always ran my Devialet with everything disabled except the bare minimum inputs needed.

I will try tonight, i will disable wifi on devialet, and assign a fixed ip adress.Can you specify where i can find the ip adress from my mac? Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk