Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Air 3.0.4 Officially Released
Hi fellas,
After few recommendations from kind members on this forum i fixed AIR 3.0.4 thru ethernet connected to my macbookpro.The devialet is connected to a linksys switch wich is connected to ethernet wall port.I connected my macbook pro to that switch and everything worked perfectly!

But few days later, i created an wifi acces point in the living room thru another ethernet wall port just to expend the wifi range .More conveniently, i prefered connecting my macbook pro to that ethernet wall port . Cause it was closer to the desk where it was seated.
But, the Air , didn t appear to be connected to internet: my macbook pro was showing connected to the internet but when you select Air, there s no internet connected and no ip adress showing?
Is there any difference between the 2 ethernet ports?
After trying to fix this by changing ip adress on my mac i lost the correct config, and couldn t connect Air even with the first ethernet port! It is so annoying and depressing!
What should i do please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a bit confusing that you are expecting "AIR" to be connected to the Internet. That is not necessary, it only has to be able to see the Devialet on the same subnet. The introduction of an Access Point should not have changed the network connectivity status. Can you still access the Internet and the rest of your Home Network through that new Access Point?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Hi johnny,just tried again now, everything works fine! Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It took a while, but eventually I was able to installed Air on my silent PC, however I do have an issue.
I use JRiver, (with JRemote on an iPad). If add an album to the playlist after the previous album has finished playing, it doesn't automatically play. I have to go to the next screen and select the first track. This starts the track, and then the rest of the album, playing, but the sound doesn't start until several seconds into the first track.
I've tried the 3 options in Air, and now have it set to "stream to it if not already streaming", changing to "always stream to the device" doesn't cure the problem.
If I add an album before the previous album has finished, play continues normally.
The Windows 7 Pro PC (running JRiver and Air), The 1000 Pro and the Synology DS415+ NAS are all wired directly to the BTHub6 router, no switches.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received, hopefully not too technical, my computer knowledge isn't great.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
wow, you have the same LS and amp setup than me :>)
this could be a buffer problem and also a delay in the transmission to the Devialet. I have a similar problem if I activate the hibernate mode in jplay. And it can be one of the settings in jRiver. Are you using any plugins ?
(26-May-2017, 11:40)Vivialet Wrote: wow, you have the same LS and amp setup than me :>)
this could be a buffer problem and also a delay in the transmission to the Devialet. I have a similar problem if I activate the hibernate mode in jplay. And it can be one of the settings in jRiver. Are you using any plugins ?

Thank you for your reply Vivalet,
The system was set up by the builder of my server. As far as I'm aware I'm not using any plugins.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.

North East England
(26-May-2017, 11:40)Vivialet Wrote: wow, you have the same LS and amp setup than me :>)

Although I haven't found a solution to the main issue, I have a couple of ways to start playback without losing several seconds at the start of the first track.
After adding the album to the stopped playlist, go the second screen and select play before selecting the first track of the album.
I've also found that if the playlist is empty, play starts as soon as the album is added.
Colin

North East England
Offlate I am having issues using Air 3.0.4 release version, blue screen, PC restart and dropouts. Using it with my Dell Windows Laptop.
However 3.0.1 works like charm, no dropouts or blue screen.

Is there any SQ difference between them, I am not able find much difference with Dev120 -> harbeth compact 7es-3
(29-Jun-2017, 09:26)musicinmymind Wrote: Offlate I am having issues using Air 3.0.4 release version, blue screen, PC restart and dropouts. Using it with my Dell Windows Laptop.

Is there any SQ difference between them, I am not able find much difference with Dev120 -> harbeth compact 7es-3

If you can't hear a difference, go with the version that works.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-Jun-2017, 09:26)musicinmymind Wrote: Offlate I am having issues using Air 3.0.4 release version, blue screen, PC restart and dropouts. Using it with my Dell Windows Laptop.

I am having exactly the same problem with 3.0.4 and 3.0.2. I have create a support ticket about this problem, but I haven't got any promises that they would fix this anytime soon.

Could you please create a support ticket about this too, so that Devialet would know that others are also having the same problem?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland