Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Antoine's system
(05-Mar-2019, 17:28)Antoine Wrote: Today I’ve received a rather heavy ‘Power Snake’ by Shunyata. It’s the highly valued Alpha HC (high current) Zitron (using AWG 7 conductors) which I bought from Tremayne, a fellow Devialet Chat member.

It’s replacing the Lessloss Audio DFPC Signature power cord and connects my PS Audio Power Plant P3 to the wall outlet (of a dedicated circuit). I had been on the lookout for this power cord for quite some time but usually they’re offered with a C19 connector or US plugs so when Tremayne offered his for sale with a schuko and C15 IEC I did not have to hesitate very long.

Thank you again @Tremayne!

You’re very welcome Antoine, thank you for a seamless transaction. I hope that you enjoy your new cable.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
(05-Mar-2019, 18:39)Tremayne Wrote: You’re very welcome Antoine, thank you for a seamless transaction. I hope that you enjoy your new cable.

Thank you Colin for a seamless transaction as well and your trust! As they say on Ebay: ‘AAAAAAAAAA+ great seller!!’ Smile

I’m sure I will enjoy the cable!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Look at that little green light which appeared in the middle section of my ‘low board’ rack (which is always hidden out of sight by the way by a door)! Big Grin 

It’s the SoTM TX-USBUltra. Cool Almost two weeks ago I approached Axel since I noticed he had one for sale. But he did not just offer the TX but also the SMS-200Ultra and SPS-500 power supply and some cables. I asked if he was willing to sell just the TX to me but he responded he wanted to sell the triple set as a whole, which I could completely understand and respect and which is also what I wrote back. I also mentioned I had thought about buying the whole set and sell the items I did not need but didn’t want to take that risk and go through the hassle.

The next day he sent me another message that he had lowered the price (I did not ask for that mind you) and that he might create an ad on EBay soon so I thought about it some more, the lower price reduced the risk of me not being able to resell without a loss so I replied I would buy the whole set.

Last Wednesday I received the package. To start using the TX I had to re-order the stuff in my low-board, mainly because of the stiff Lush^2 and short 20cm Curious USB cables.

Chain is now: AL music server -> AQ Diamond ethernet -> AL NUC end-point -> curious USB -> TX-USBUltra -> Lush^2 USB -> Mutec MC3+USB -> Shunyata Anaconda AES/EBU -> Devialet

My SR-7 is still missing the high power output since Paul Hynes has not yet made or sent me a replacement module. Angry So I’m still using the HDPlex 100 LPSU on the server. The TX-USBUltra is now powered by the SR-7 by the output rail that was previously powering the DSpeaker Anti-Mode DC 2.0. That device is now powered by the Uptone LPS-1.2.

Contrary to other reports by other AudioLinux NUC users the TX surely improves the sound quality in my setup. Among other things it’s significantly cleaner and relaxed sounding than before, a very worthwhile improvement. I feel I’m now enjoying the benefits of the AL NUC vs. the SMS-200 minus the drawbacks. Of course there’s no isolating switch (in front of the end-point) yet in my system which might explain my differing opinion. Also the Mutec USB input was powered by the USB output of the NUC end-point and now by the TX which must be better as well.

@Axel, thank you again for everything!  Smile I’m now in the process of (hopefully Wink) selling the other parts and made an ad for it on a local 2nd hand marketplace.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(09-Mar-2019, 17:59)Antoine Wrote: Look at that little green light which appeared in the middle section of my ‘low board’ rack (which is always hidden out of sight by the way by a door)! Big Grin 

It’s the SoTM TX-USBUltra. Cool Almost two weeks ago I approached Axel since I noticed he had one for sale. But he did not just offer the TX but also the SMS-200Ultra and SPS-500 power supply and some cables. I asked if he was willing to sell just the TX to me but he responded he wanted to sell the triple set as a whole, which I could completely understand and respect and which is also what I wrote back. I also mentioned I had thought about buying the whole set and sell the items I did not need but didn’t want to take that risk and go through the hassle.

The next day he sent me another message that he had lowered the price (I did not ask for that mind you) and that he might create an ad on EBay soon so I thought about it some more, the lower price reduced the risk of me not being able to resell without a loss so I replied I would buy the whole set.

Last Wednesday I received the package. To start using the TX I had to re-order the stuff in my low-board, mainly because of the stiff Lush^2 and short 20cm Curious USB cables.

Chain is now: AL music server -> AQ Diamond ethernet -> AL NUC end-point -> curious USB -> TX-USBUltra -> Lush^2 USB -> Mutec MC3+USB -> Shunyata Anaconda AES/EBU -> Devialet

My SR-7 is still missing the high power output since Paul Hynes has not yet made or sent me a replacement module. Angry So I’m still using the HDPlex 100 LPSU on the server. The TX-USBUltra is now powered by the SR-7 by the output rail that was previously powering the DSpeaker Anti-Mode DC 2.0. That device is now powered by the Uptone LPS-1.2.

Contrary to other reports by other AudioLinux NUC users the TX surely improves the sound quality in my setup. Among other things it’s significantly cleaner and relaxed sounding than before, a very worthwhile improvement. I feel I’m now enjoying the benefits of the AL NUC vs. the SMS-200 minus the drawbacks. Of course there’s no isolating switch (in front of the end-point) yet in my system which might explain my differing opinion. Also the Mutec USB input was powered by the USB output of the NUC end-point and now by the TX which must be better as well.

@Axel, thank you again for everything!  Smile I’m now in the process of (hopefully Wink) selling the other parts and made an ad for it on a local 2nd hand marketplace.

@Antoine. Thank you too! Glad to hear that the tX is making a difference.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Antoine - An interesting move adding the tX-USBultra. I can only speak for my own experience, but I do prefer the tX in my system, and this holds true in all cases with it between Mutec MC3+USB and the microRendu, the old sMS-200Utra or the Neo version. I know what you mean by "relaxed", but I would go with cleaner and more dynamic, which is a slightly different emphasis perhaps.

One thought that I have. Have you considered trying the system without the MC3+USB and running direct to USB? It seems that with the Pro all inputs are now pretty much equivalent, all other things considered. Add to this, myself and a couple of other forum members found a nice uplift in SQ using the MC3+USB with the old Expert, but not so much, if at all, with the Pro. Speculating here, it is almost as if the internal clocking in the Pro is now roughly the same as that in the MC3+USB, hence neutralising its benefit. So considering you are now running the all-conquering AL NUC, it might be well worth trying NUC, tX-USBultra, direct to USB? I am mindful here that your case is a little different, as you have your MC3+USB powered by the SR7, but it might be worth a try one day, if you are so inclined.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi Confused,

Well I think you can include to NUC to that list, at least with the Mutec MC3+USB in the chain. Smile Yes, I agree it's cleaner sounding, more micro detail can be heard and with 'relaxed' I might indeed have suggested something else than what I meant. What I meant is not more laid back or something like that but less nervousness, so a more steady and natural portrayal of the music. Perhaps I could also say more fluent.

I did indeed think about connecting the NUC and now NUC+TX-USBUltra directly to the Devialet. Earlier I read about Dan's experience and also your experiments and these absolutely warrant this test. The USB input of my Devialet is still 100% new and unused! When I'm completely used to the sound of the system as it is today (and perhaps after changing to the latest and maybe new favorite Lush^2 configuration which I guess you're looking at as well Smile ) I will try to do this. With the 70cm Lush^2 I should be able to reach the Devialet with ease. So, to be continued, one day!

The Netherlands
Last week I’ve sold the SOtM SMS-200 Ultra and SPS-500 set to a buyer in NL so these fortunately went very quickly. I also seem to have a buyer for my Lessloss DFPC Signature power cable that’s been replaced by a Shunyata Alpha HC so that’s looking good.

Today I picked up a set of Isoacoustics Gaia II isolators from a local store and mounted these under my 51kg heavy JL Audio Fathom F112 sub using the supplied M8 bolts. The Fathom was still on its factory supplied hard rubber feet. I like the results so far, there’s not more, or less bass but low bass notes are sureley cleaner or tighter and thus better delineated.

Inspired by @Wdw ‘s topic about the Isoacoustics Orea footers I’ve also ordered three Orea Bronze to test under my Devialet. These are now en route to me from France (amazon) and should arrive coming Friday.

I’m also looking at decoupling of my main loudspeakers which are on the factory supplied spikes. The big Gaia I’s (which I need as the VR-5 Anni’s are >85kgs each) are a contender here but I’m also looking at the Townshend Seismic Platform or ‘outriggers’. Expensive stuff though, both the Gaia’s and the Townshend stuff!

The Netherlands
More audio goodies arrived, one day early!  Cool

Picca:     

The Netherlands
(20-Mar-2019, 17:05)Antoine Wrote: I’m also looking at decoupling of my main loudspeakers which are on the factory supplied spikes. The big Gaia I’s (which I need as the VR-5 Anni’s are >85kgs each) are a contender here but I’m also looking at the Townshend Seismic Platform or ‘outriggers’. Expensive stuff though, both the Gaia’s and the Townshend stuff!

Gaia has a new product line called 'Titan'. I think they are better suited for heavy speakers. I really like the demo on youtube about Seismic Platform, but that is even more expensive than Gaia Titan :-) 
Let us know how you like Gaia or Townshend for your speakers.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(21-Mar-2019, 18:52)sam1000 Wrote:
(20-Mar-2019, 17:05)Antoine Wrote: I’m also looking at decoupling of my main loudspeakers which are on the factory supplied spikes. The big Gaia I’s (which I need as the VR-5 Anni’s are >85kgs each) are a contender here but I’m also looking at the Townshend Seismic Platform or ‘outriggers’. Expensive stuff though, both the Gaia’s and the Townshend stuff!

Gaia has a new product line called 'Titan'. I think they are better suited for heavy speakers. I really like the demo on youtube about Seismic Platform, but that is even more expensive than Gaia Titan :-) 
Let us know how you like Gaia or Townshend for your speakers.

The Titans are bigger versions of the Gaia line allowing heavier loudspeakers, otherwise they’re the same. The Gaia I goes up to 100kgs per four.

Yeah, especially the Townshend stuff is quite expensive. Not sure yet if I’ll buy it or even the Isoacoustics stuff. I have already decoupled the mid/treble units of my loudspeakers from the bass units and they don’t do much bass since the majority of it is done by the sub.

What I like about the Townshend Podiums (I incorrectly said Platform as these latter are for components) is the little to no gain in height or them even getting closer to the floor when on spikes. The Gaia’s do add height in most cases.

The Netherlands