Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here?
I'd love to read some reviews on the Reactor - as to how it compares to the regular full sized Phantoms. Any out there? 

Or has any received theirs here? 

Thanks.
(08-Dec-2018, 01:45)MountainGuy Wrote: I'd love to read some reviews on the Reactor - as to how it compares to the regular full sized Phantoms. Any out there? 

Or has any received theirs here? 

Thanks.

I got mine today. I'm very impressed. Usually I can pick out flaws very quickly. Obviously a mono speaker playing a stereo signal can be a little muddled but given that it's really good so far. It's going to take longer to come up with a better review.
Thanks. Do you per chance have the original 'full sized' Phantom? Thanks. I am curious how this compares at like volume. Obviously the Phantom can get louder.

Thanks again and congrats on your new Reactor.
Not an in depth review, but I have just installed two reactors this morning for someone else.
Stereo is not available yet, so the comparison is not 100% valid, but I consider the result to be on par with my own system (see my signature) with the reactors having an edge on really deep bass like a 32’ organ pedal!

Very impressive if you consider that my speakers are 110cm high and my entire system costs around 6 times more!

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Sorry, I don't have access to any regular Phantoms to compare to.  The last pair I listened to was an original pair of silvers.  I remember I would not have been interested in purchasing them due to poor treble so I can say the Reactor is an improvement for that reason.  

I measured them with REW and they measure how I expect them to based on listening.  Flat with a lift at the low end.  I'll probably do some EQ to reduce the lift when listening to music.  The graph shows treble starting to fall at 15k with a steeper decline from 18k on.  My hearing starts to go at 15k so I can't really hear it.  All music listening was with lossless CD rips, or Tidal, using Roon and optical.

I also connected via optical to my Oppo 203 and watched Blade Runner 2049.  That was simply amazing.

The graph should be titled 600W not 500W. My bad.
Huge thanks for all who responded.

Fgleason, that is much appreciate regarding the graph. Does the graph end at 5 hz? If so, quite remarkable. I would be curious how many decibels it can go down to at 25 hz or even 30 hz. Not asking you to do another run but thinking out loud as those drivers are quite small.
MountainGuy,

5khz is the lowest the graph will plot. In no way do I think the Reactor goes that low. It's probably just bad data.
Could you measure 20hz - 20khz @ 75db. Would be interesting to see.
I would love to see 85 db. At that point, we should see the low bass drop off substantially. I am guessing that the low bass can't go beyond 75db... If it can sustain to 85db, then that is very impressive for something this small.
(09-Dec-2018, 03:10)fgleason Wrote: MountainGuy,

5khz is the lowest the graph will plot. In no way do I think the Reactor goes that low. It's probably just bad data.

A log scale would be more meaningful because currently 1000Hz are represented by about 1cm, meaning that 20Hz is spanning about 2 10th of a mm which I doubt we can see on the plot!

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France