Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio zones lost.
Sometimes, and it happens lately, the music stops and roon lost the audio zones.
I don´t know what´s the reason, but a reset of all the system solves the problem.
If someone has a tip, i´ll appreciate a lot.
Could be from the devialet IP adress and solved by a fixed one?
Thanks for help.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
We need more info.

Are you using the Roon Ready connection to your Devialet?

If so, are you connecting via ethernet?

If so, do you have a gigabit speed ethernet connection?

If you answered yes to all of those questions you may be experiencing the problem that some people are having when using their Devialet as a Roon Ready endpoint. Not everyone answering yes to all of those questions seems to get the problem and of those who get it some get it rarely and some get it frequently and find the Roon Ready option unworkable. It seems to be worse with high res content so 192/24 content can be a problem but CD resolution (44/16) content tends to be far less of a problem. Roon have said the problem is at Devialet's end but, given the variation in experience of people getting the problem, it may be affected by some aspects of the network such as particular switches/routers/settings. Devialet are doing a "go slow" on fixing the problem.

If you answered yes to all of my questions then you'll probably find that one of the following things will work:

- stop using your ethernet input and swap to wifi but continue choosing the Roon Ready option in Roon,

- swap from a gigabit speed ethernet connection to a 100 Mbps ethernet connection and continue choosing the Roon Ready option in Roon. You will need to change your ethernet switch or, if you're connecting to a managed switch or to your router, you may be able to reduce the connection speed by changing some settings for your switch or router. I can't help you with settings advice.

- if you have Roon upsampling all of your content to 192/24, turn upsampling off and send everything bit perfect at whatever resolution the file is. If most of your content originates as CD quality content, this is likely to significantly reduce the frequency of the problem but may not solve it entirely.

- stop using your Devialet as a Roon Ready endpoint and go back to streaming using the Devialet AIR option in Roon.

If you didn't answer yes to all of my questions then give us more info and someone may have a suggestion. Also let us know whether you're using the second ethernet port on the Innuos to connect to the Devialet or if you're only using one ethernet connection on the Innuos.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(10-Nov-2019, 03:49)David A Wrote: We need more info.

Are you using the Roon Ready connection to your Devialet?

If so, are you connecting via ethernet?

If so, do you have a gigabit speed ethernet connection?
Thnks David,

I have roon ready and AIR, but i´m using AIR because i prefer the sound of it.
I´m connected via ethhernet, yes.
My internet has about 200mb in a good and very rare day.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Then you don't have the problem I mentioned so we're looking for something else.

You still aren't providing much in the way of information. For example, have you a direct ethernet connection between your Innuos and your 220 from the second ethernet port on the Innuos or do you have both the Innuos and the 220 connected to the same network via a switch or router? Does the issue seem to be related to a particular sort of file (DSD, high resolution, etc)? Does the problem occur when you're streaming files from your own library or using a streaming service like Tidal or Qobuz or both? A bit of info about how and when the problem occurs over and above a simple "I've got this problem and can anyone help?" request.

About the best I'm going to be able to do since it's not the Roon Ready issue and in the absence of anything else obvious is to refer you to Roon's support site and their page on Networking Best Practices: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices Hopefully something in that will help.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(10-Nov-2019, 12:57)David A Wrote: Then you don't have the problem I mentioned so we're looking for something else.

You still aren't providing much in the way of information. For example, have you a direct ethernet connection between your Innuos and your 220 from the second ethernet port on the Innuos or do you have both the Innuos and the 220 connected to the same network via a switch or router? Does the issue seem to be related to a particular sort of file (DSD, high resolution, etc)? Does the problem occur when you're streaming files from your own library or using a streaming service like Tidal or Qobuz or both? A bit of info about how and when the problem occurs over and above a simple "I've got this problem and can anyone help?" request.

About the best I'm going to be able to do since it's not the Roon Ready issue and in the absence of anything else obvious is to refer you to Roon's support site and their page on Networking Best Practices:  https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices  Hopefully something in that will help.
The Innuos and the Dev are connected to a switch and the switch to the router, and that´s it.
I´m just using Tidal streaming, for now and the problem occurs in a very normal (for me) use.
When it happens i noticed, searching the Dev setup, that there´s no ip adress, just after a reset everything comes to normal.
I said back in my first response that we need more info and that still seems to be the case.

What do you mean when you say "i noticed, searching the Dev setup, that there´s no ip adress"? What is the "Dev setup" you're searching? Is it the info in the audio zones menu in Roon, the web interface you can access now with the CI board, or the details in the ethernet section of the Configurator on Devialet's site?

What I can say is that the problem appears to be in your home network somewhere. If you're losing the zone in Roon then it means that Roon can no longer see the Devialet on your network. If the problem was with your connection to Tidal then streaming would stop but Roon would still be able to see the Devialet and you wouldn't be losing the zone in Roon.

So, if it's a problem with your network then that's where you should be looking and the info on Roon's site in the link I gave you may help. Apart from that you could have a faulty or cable or connection on the cable connecting your Devialet to your switch, either at the switch end or the Devialet end. Have you tried swapping to a different ethernet cable between the switch and Devialet to see if it's a cable or connection problem?

I assume the problem started recently so:

- did you change anything in the network or the devices attached to it in the days before the problem started? That includes doing anything like moving the switch or Innuos or Zenith which may have resulted in movement of the ethernet cables causing a break in connection every now and then or a change in any of your network settings.

- How do you have the ethernet port of the Devialet configured in the Configurator and how do you have the Innuos set up. Are you letting your router provide addresses using DHCP or do one or both of the Devialet have manual addresses? If one or both of them have a manual address, are the Network mask, Gateway, and DNS settings the same for both?

- you say you're just using Tidal streaming and the problem occurs in a normal (for you) use. Is there any difference in the files when the problem occurs compared to the files you're streaming before the problem occurs? Does it occur after a change in resolution of the source file or does it occur with MQA files? If so, what settings do you have in Roon for anything that affects processing of files with different resolutions or for MQA files? I've no experience with Innuos products. Is there anything in their settings which affect those things over and above the settings in Roon?

Apart from the above, I'm out of ideas. If nothing above helps then you really are going to have to provide a lot more information, details of your router, switch, and the network settings for both the Innuos and Devialet, details of anything you've tried and whether it helped or not and any changes you observed as a result, details of any recent changes to your network, your config file, and the physical setup of your system, and anything else you can think of. There's nothing in the information you've provided to date that I can see which provides any sort of clue to what's going on.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(11-Nov-2019, 02:00)BoyScout Wrote: When it happens i noticed, searching the Dev setup, that there´s no ip adress, just after a reset everything comes to normal.

It sounds like that you maybe be experiencing the same problem that I have had for months. I contacted Devialet's support and they said that this is a known bug in the latest FW and that they are working on it.

I would recommend checking this with Devialet's support.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I´m waiting for an answer from Devialet.
In the meantime, i can tell that all the addresses are provided by the router, but it´s all can say about it, i´ll check for further information.
Thanks.
Had the same problem here although I use an iMac as source. I knew there was a problem getting the Devialet online because I was unable to use the Devialet iPhone app. I had been using Roon Ready previously with no problems. I did all manner of things including removing and reattaching the antenna on the Devialet, turning off the firewall on the Mac, allowing Roon Full Access to my computer( a security setting ), resetting modem, router and Devialet ( unplugged from wall ). All of a sudden I saw that the Devialet's wireless connection appeared in the Mac Network via the Airport Utility. It appeared as a Roon Ready Speaker. No idea why. I selected it and the utility closed and from there on I've been using Roon Ready. Also, the sound quality is much better than before all these maneuvers. No idea why. I hope this helps you. My conclusion from all this was that my computer was not allowing the Devialet to access the network although I'm not sure why. Maybe some other more knowledgeable people on the forum would have some ideas.
Regards,
Guy
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(21-Nov-2019, 16:07)avta Wrote: Had the same problem here although I use an iMac as source. I knew there was a problem getting the Devialet online because I was unable to use the Devialet iPhone app. I had been using Roon Ready previously with no problems. I did all manner of things including removing and reattaching the antenna on the Devialet, turning off the firewall on the Mac, allowing Roon Full Access to my computer( a security setting ), resetting modem, router and Devialet ( unplugged from wall ). All of a sudden I saw that the Devialet's wireless connection appeared in the Mac Network via the Airport Utility. It appeared as a Roon Ready Speaker. No idea why. I selected it and the utility closed and from there on I've been using Roon Ready. Also, the sound quality is much better than before all these maneuvers. No idea why. I hope this helps you. My conclusion from all this was that my computer was not allowing the Devialet to access the network although I'm not sure why. Maybe some other more knowledgeable people on the forum would have some ideas.
Regards,
Guy
Thanks Guy,

I´ve already an answer from Devialet support.
According to them is a matter of a full factory configuration reset to solve the problem.
I didn´t yet just because is working fine for now.
We´ll see.
Cheers.