Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos
Hello All,

Am considering the purchase of the Niagara 5000 power conditioner to use with my D440s and ROON ROCK.  Anyone have any experience with this unit...has been garnering some positive reviews.

https://www.audioquest.com/ac-power/ac-p...agara-5000

Cheers,
Warren
I don't own one, but considered it. I use Denali 6000T.
You can find some good impressions from other owners here..
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a...00-or-7000
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Hello, tested the Niagara and decided otherwise!
Look here! # 15

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-AudioQue...ight=K4680
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Many thanks for your comments.  Hoping to have one in-house in the next few days for evaluation.
When you're testing would you tell me if they've yet fixed the hum, or if the Audioquest power conditioners still add noise by humming?
(12-Jul-2018, 17:30)deviousalet Wrote: When you're testing would you tell me if they've yet fixed the hum, or if the Audioquest power conditioners still add noise by humming?

Bought the 5000 and just installed the new unit today.  The two dedicated circuits for the power amplifiers really take control of the D440s adding power, drive and articulation.  An easy and positive upgrade to my ears.  
Garth Powell, the designer, is an EE with a long history of real work in the electronic industry...no fairy dust here.  He is available by email and quickly answered a few questions I had.  
To your query...no hum on this unit nor on the loaner demo I had in house.  I have read that it was some samples, accordingly a few,  of the larger 7000 that exhibited a hum.  Mine is silent and surprising not hot or warm to the touch.
Excellent. It seemed very strange that Audioquest would make a noise suppressor that hums, but they did. I'm glad they've fixed that. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy!
I am contemplating buying the Niagra 5000 together with the tornado C19 power cable. The only thing stopping me is the price tag (£5000). That is a lot of money considering the D440 Pro CI is just around £14K. So my question is how much increment in sound quality do we get and is it worth £5K? I am finding that when listening to classical orchestral pieces the D440 Pro soundstage tends to collapse. My frontend is the Sotm triple set and a Melco N1A, all wired with audio quest diamond cables.
(08-Nov-2018, 09:06)Rama Wrote: I am contemplating buying the Niagra 5000 together with the tornado C19 power cable. The only thing stopping me is the price tag (£5000). That is a lot of money considering the D440 Pro CI is just around £14K. So my question is how much increment in sound quality do we get  and is it worth £5K? I am finding that when listening to classical orchestral pieces the D440 Pro soundstage tends to collapse. My frontend is the Sotm triple set and a Melco N1A, all wired with audio quest diamond cables.

A couple of data points...the first two posts on this thread. Any chance you can demo at home?
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Clean-po...let?page=2
Devialet 440 Pro CI is already a very capable machine. However the presentation falls apart when playing complex musical pieces. I have always heard about how on a good hifi you can hear how big the recording venue was, another sort after characteristic is soundstage depth and layering. Does the Niagra 5000 add to any of the above attributes?

On a separate note I had also read about how on a good setup you can hear individual guitar strings. Well after adding the AQ Tornado to my mains block it became very apparent as to what all the hifi magazines were alluding to. So obviously there is some merit to claims that AQ as a company is doing something special.