Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos
Hello All,

Am considering the purchase of the Niagara 5000 power conditioner to use with my D440s and ROON ROCK.  Anyone have any experience with this unit...has been garnering some positive reviews.

https://www.audioquest.com/ac-power/ac-p...agara-5000

Cheers,
Warren
ROON 1.5 > i3 ROON ROCK in a Asaka Fanless Enclosure > Sbooster Linear > Acoustic Revive Lan Isolator > D440PRO > Magico Q3  -  AQ Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner - Tornado PC - Nordost Heimdall 2 Speaker Cables
I don't own one, but considered it. I use Denali 6000T.
You can find some good impressions from other owners here..
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a...00-or-7000
Pioneer S1-EX; Synology NAS/Roon->1000pro (AIR) ,
Oppo 203->HDMI->Marantz 8802A->Pre-out->1000pro (Bypass), 
Shunyata Denali 6000T
Hello, tested the Niagara and decided otherwise!
Look here! # 15

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-AudioQue...ight=K4680
Devialet 220Pro/CI, B&W 802 D3, Linn Klimax DS/Katalyst, Burmester 089 CD, Melco N1ZS/2A + D100, Cable Audioquest (NRG-10,Diamond,K2,Yukon,Coffee etc.), iPad-Pro, KECES P8 Dual, Tidal HiFi
IsoTek: 2 x EVO3 Genesis One, EVO3 Titan One, EVO3 Syncro.                                                                                                                                                                Germany / Bavaria
Many thanks for your comments.  Hoping to have one in-house in the next few days for evaluation.
ROON 1.5 > i3 ROON ROCK in a Asaka Fanless Enclosure > Sbooster Linear > Acoustic Revive Lan Isolator > D440PRO > Magico Q3  -  AQ Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner - Tornado PC - Nordost Heimdall 2 Speaker Cables
When you're testing would you tell me if they've yet fixed the hum, or if the Audioquest power conditioners still add noise by humming?
(12-Jul-2018, 17:30)deviousalet Wrote: When you're testing would you tell me if they've yet fixed the hum, or if the Audioquest power conditioners still add noise by humming?

Bought the 5000 and just installed the new unit today.  The two dedicated circuits for the power amplifiers really take control of the D440s adding power, drive and articulation.  An easy and positive upgrade to my ears.  
Garth Powell, the designer, is an EE with a long history of real work in the electronic industry...no fairy dust here.  He is available by email and quickly answered a few questions I had.  
To your query...no hum on this unit nor on the loaner demo I had in house.  I have read that it was some samples, accordingly a few,  of the larger 7000 that exhibited a hum.  Mine is silent and surprising not hot or warm to the touch.
Excellent. It seemed very strange that Audioquest would make a noise suppressor that hums, but they did. I'm glad they've fixed that. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy!