Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos
@Wdw I think part of the price hike might be due to retooling for the UK sockets. But yes it does seem sometimes that everything costs more in the UK.
(08-Nov-2018, 21:39)audio_engr Wrote: Bought the PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 and received it an hour back.

Will report the results shortly ...

I'm very interested in your comparison of PS Audio, Audioquest, and Shunyata power conditioning. Please do write that up for us. Thanks.
(13-Nov-2018, 13:33)deviousalet Wrote:
(08-Nov-2018, 21:39)audio_engr Wrote: Bought the PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 and received it an hour back.

Will report the results shortly ...

I'm very interested in your comparison of PS Audio, Audioquest, and Shunyata power conditioning. Please do write that up for us. Thanks.

added my post with a separate subject ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
At 12:00 minutes in, M. Fremer shows his Niagara 7000 which has replaced his Shunyata gear, claiming the Niagy sounds better...just another data point...opinion only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07NpWk_Xf8
The Niagara 5000 propels the 440 Pro really into a new dimension. Never thought the B&W 803 D3 are capable of playing so natural, detailed and providing more live feeling.
(03-Aug-2020, 22:25)markush Wrote: The Niagara 5000 propels the 440 Pro really into a new dimension. Never thought the B&W 803 D3 are capable of playing so natural, detailed and providing more live feeling.

Which power cord are you using? Did you replace your 1200 with it? 
Is it more forward sounding than 1200 or the depth is maintain?
I'm going to get mine tomorrow with Tornado cord.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(03-Aug-2020, 22:25)markush Wrote: The Niagara 5000 propels the 440 Pro really into a new dimension. Never thought the B&W 803 D3 are capable of playing so natural, detailed and providing more live feeling.

+1. Tried it for couple of hours using Hurricane power cord in my system.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I have Thunder from wall socket to Niagara 5000 (that one is really important) as well as to each of the Devialets. The 1200 vs 5000 is a big step up in every area. But also 1200 provides great value. But I highly recommend to test 3000 or 5000 to experience what the full technology is capable of.
deviousalet Wrote:Excellent. It seemed very strange that Audioquest would make a noise suppressor that hums, but they did. I'm glad they've fixed that. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy!

I got my Niagra shortly after it was launched, and experienced hum (very low, but it was there, and really nothing to bother) after 4 to 6 months. I have it checked by AudioQuest in Holland two years ago, and after that, it is dead silent in all conditions.

Best wishes; Jens
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Core Infinity, 2 x Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 2 x 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest WEL Signature Digital RCA-RCA / SimAudio MOON NEO 260D CD Transport, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest Wild Digital AES/EBU / Rega RP10 w. Aphelion Pickup, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable / Innuos Statement 4TB, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods + 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods , TelluriumQ Silver Diamond USB / Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, IsoAcoustics Gaia I Isolator Pods, TelluriumQ Statement Speaker Cable and Jumpers / B&W DB1D, Nordost TYR2 Power Cable, 2 x AudioQuest Wild Dog Analog RCA-RCA / AudioQuest Niagra 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, Nordost Valhalla2 Power Cable, 4 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux Isolator Pods  / 3 x Dedicated 16 AMP power line with Furutec FT-SWS NCF Wall socket / Supra Ethernet 8 cables and AQVOX AQ-Switch SE.
Got feedback from a few friends who are also using a Niagara with their Devialets and are really excited about it. So hope to hear more experiences from users.