Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries Mini toslink compatibility
Hi,
Recently tried to add AAM to my 2 Phantoms + Dialog using toslink but signal doesn't register on any optical input. Devialet support seemed unaware of Auralic and suggested that they were not compatible. 

Has anyone any experience connecting them? Any help would be appreciated.
I have used the Aires from,day one no problems. Make sure from set up you have turned on optical input on the Dialog default is off.
You have to run Aires from its app then select the optical input in Spark and control volume from Spark. Music selection is controlled from Aries app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, tried setting up AAM via toslink to both Phantoms and Dialog switching optical inputs on in Spark but when I exit devices and go back in optical input has switched off, toslink is working and have tried with Aries playing music but nothing. Also tried connecting via AAM's USB using a Musical Fidelity V-box to convert to optical, AAM recognises V- box but Devialet didn't register a signal. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
make sure you have selected the correct output on the aries in the settings of the lightning app
i was connecting my aries to my ls50 (via usb) and it only played music once i had selected the ls50 in the app
surely with toslinknthere wont be a handshake as with usb
you also might want to cancel software volume control on the auralic

hope any of this helps.....
Thanks for the reply, have gone through set up a half dozen times to no avail looks like there's a fault on either the Aries or the Devialet but I haven't got any other equipment with optical input or output to check them out. Looks like I'm going to have to borrow some kit and see what's going on.

Just to update, having abandoned attempting to get the Aries and Dialog on speaking terms in order to get on with my life I went back to it this weekend whilst others watched Eurovision.Went through Dialog and Phantom set up again in same way I had previously only this time when optical input was switched on the menu dropped down offering cd/ tv etc. First time I'd seen this and music could now be played from the Aries although one of the speakers kept cutting out, after erasing and going through set up a couple of more times a message informed me that a new network was detected then everything has been fine.
Thanks to everyone who gave assistance much appreciated.

(16-May-2017, 18:45)Hi. Newbie here with a brand spanking new gold phantom with another on the way. Having a problem with music cutting in and out when using the optical input. First I thought it was the wifi interference so turned all the wifi off in the house. The problem persists. The phantom plays music but cuts out intermittently. Tried resetting. Same thing. Tried a different source ( a plenue p1). My primary source being the aries mini. It\s not a cable, aries or plenue problem. They connect with the same cables to my dac flawlessly. HELP. Wrote: Just to update, having abandoned attempting to get the Aries and Dialog on speaking terms in order to get on with my life I went back to it this weekend whilst others watched Eurovision.Went through Dialog and Phantom set up again in same way I had previously only this time when optical input was switched on the menu dropped down offering cd/ tv etc. First time I'd seen this and music could now be played from the Aries although one of the speakers kept cutting out, after erasing and going through set up a couple of more times a message informed me that a new network was detected then everything has been fine.
Thanks to everyone who gave assistance much appreciated.

(27-Apr-2017, 18:26)davidadamson Wrote: I have used the Aires from,day one no problems. Make sure from set up you have turned on optical input on the Dialog default is off.
You have to run Aires from its app then select the optical input in Spark and control volume from Spark. Music selection is controlled from Aries app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I've also connected my Aries Mini to Dialog via the optical input and after activating the input via Spark managed to get it to pass a signal to my Phantoms, however the music pulses and sways from one speaker to another and back - I contacted Devialet and they stated there is a know issue with the optical input for Dialog and instructed me to connect the Mini directly to one of the Phantoms - I have yet to try this as I don't have a suitable cable - reading your comment I assume you had no problem?
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

(29-Apr-2017, 09:04)intouch1 Wrote: make sure you have selected the correct output on the aries in the settings of the lightning app
i was connecting my aries to my ls50 (via usb) and it only played music once i had selected the ls50 in the app
surely with toslinknthere wont be a handshake as with usb
you also might want to cancel software volume control on the auralic

hope any of this helps.....

Hi re selecting optical for the aries via lightening - I'm only offered ARIE Outputs, nothing else - is this what you mean?
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver