Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries vs Aurender X100 vs Melco N1Z
(06-Mar-2015, 18:44)Confused Wrote:
(06-Mar-2015, 18:42)amabrok Wrote:
(06-Mar-2015, 18:20)Stigmater Wrote: Just wanted to share  that yesterday i got my X100L and its amazing, i listen all night to my whole music collection and couldn't stop,  everything is simply sounds better then with my mac mini, the bass is more tighter , the mid is fuller and sound is more analog and non fatigue. Couldn't be happier Smile  

What i didn't liked its  iPad app that controls Aurender, a lot of things that i would change, starting from old IOS6 design, no iPhone app, no backround process (every time you press home button and then get back opens default view and not where you left, very annoying), big issues with proper music organising ( in iTunes its was a lot smarter) etc...

i guess ill have to live with it and hope that app will be better with future updates because the SQ is amazing .

Stigmater, very happy for you and welcome to the club of Devialet/Aurender combo Smile

your observations on SQ are perfectly aligned with my experience with Aurender. Tube-like and far away from being digital!

regarding the app, i agree it is old and not aesthetically pleasing but it is functional and there is a learning curve to it. i find browsing, searching, sorting and queuing up tracks to build playlists on the fly to be all amazing. of course Aurender can improve it a lot but my only consolation is that it is reliable and very stable (no bugs, no crashes).

FYI, there is an Android version that works on phones and tablets

Can the Aurender app provide a list of tracks showing track ratings?  (rather than drilling though menus to find the track rating)

there is a "star" button top right. Press and hold reveals a drop down within which you can select the filtering range (any range from/to 1 star, 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars) that only reveals those rated songs. Can be used in combination with the other buttons, such as genre, artist etc.
Thanks Krass, that actually looks like quite a neat feature. I take it that the actual track listing cannot be configured to show the actual rating itself in the list?
Just been looking at the Aurender iPad app - all I can say is ... "Yuk". It's truly hideous particularly the revolting brown background. Is there any way to change the colour? The layout looks cluttered and poor. I would need a version to work on iPhone/iPod Touch but understand that's not available yet.

Hopefully the production version of Tidal integration will look and work much better than this. I think they need to move to iOS 8 asap.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
The more I use the app, the more I like it. My main problem is that the display reverts to the "home" or default view whenever the screen is dimmed.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I tried TIDAL integration and it's working much better then official app for Mac, plays almost instantly with out lags and SQ is good.
Did some AB tests and didn't noticed any difference between my FLAC files and TIDALs stream wich is good.
In my opinion the service a little too expensive but that's just me, I would happily join for 7$ a month.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(07-Mar-2015, 12:13)Stigmater Wrote: I tried TIDAL integration and it's working much better then official app for Mac, plays almost instantly with out lags and SQ is good.
Did some AB tests and didn't noticed any difference between my FLAC files and TIDALs stream wich is good.
In my opinion the service a little too expensive but that's just me, I would happily join for 7$ a month.
Glad to hear that TIDAL integration is working for you. Unfortunately it is not working for me. Apparently it has to do with Geo location and the fact that integration is still in beta.

Looking for the day it will work seamlessly as the rest of the app. I would have preferred Qobuz instead though
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(07-Mar-2015, 12:30)amabrok Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 12:13)Stigmater Wrote: I tried TIDAL integration and it's working much better then official app for Mac, plays almost  instantly with out lags and SQ is good.
In my opinion the service a little too expensive but that's  just me,  I would happily join for 7$ a month.
Glad to hear that TIDAL integration is working for you. Unfortunately it is not working for me. Apparently it has to do with Geo location and the fact that integration is still in beta.

Looking for the day it will work seamlessly as the rest of the app. I would have preferred Qobuz instead though

Did you get the last two upgrades? http://www.aurender.com/blog/app-version...-5-3-78-72 this one is the second AND IS NOT FOR TIDAL. I don't how to get the first as it isn't listed anymore. Go to Settings -> Upgrade and check for the latest version. It should have queried you.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(07-Mar-2015, 15:09)rwjr44 Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 12:30)amabrok Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 12:13)Stigmater Wrote: I tried TIDAL integration and it's working much better then official app for Mac, plays almost  instantly with out lags and SQ is good.
In my opinion the service a little too expensive but that's  just me,  I would happily join for 7$ a month.

Did you get the last two upgrades? http://www.aurender.com/blog/app-version...-5-3-78-72 this one is the second AND IS NOT FOR TIDAL. I don't how to get the first as it isn't listed anymore. Go to Settings -> Upgrade and check for the latest version. It should have queried you.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I have the latest firmware and app but I will check one more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I noticed strange thing and wanted to check with Aurender owners, in ipad app there is no annotation in settings menu, I see in manual print screens that looks different from what I got. For example in AMOLED Section of menu there is no headers like "brightness" "active UI' just sliders and buttons.

Please share if you have it or not , if I wasn't clear I'll add print screen.
This is how I asume it suppose to be http://www.aurender.com/page/manual-x100...gs_display
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(07-Mar-2015, 20:58)Stigmater Wrote: I noticed strange thing and wanted to check with Aurender owners, in ipad app there is no annotation in settings  menu, I see in manual print screens that looks different from what I got. For example in AMOLED Section of menu there is no headers like "brightness" "active UI' just sliders and buttons.

Please share if you have it or not , if I wasn't clear I'll add print screen.
This is how I asume it suppose to be http://www.aurender.com/page/manual-x100...gs_display

me too. it was fine with 5.3.76 but they've let a bug creep in with 5.3.78
edit: I've just sent a mail to support to let them know