Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender N100 v AIR
(11-Oct-2015, 14:05)Womaz Wrote: Thanks for the post. It may come across that it's taking away the enjoyment. Honestly that is not the case the one thing that makes me stick with Devialet is the enjoyment i get from it. In the past when I have bought new equipmment the novelty wears off. Not with the 200, seven months down the line every time I listen to it I have a big grin on my face. I can honestly say I have never listened to music this much . Never. The Devialet is amazing. My gripes are the misleading advertising and promotion of this product.

I agree, that's a very good summary of my feelings too.

Glad to hear that I had got the wrong impression, and that you took my post in the spirit intended anyway.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Oct-2015, 14:11)thumb5 Wrote:
(11-Oct-2015, 14:05)Womaz Wrote: Thanks for the post. It may come across that it's taking away the enjoyment. Honestly that is not the case the one thing that makes me stick with Devialet is the enjoyment i get from it. In the past when I have bought new equipmment the novelty wears off. Not with the 200, seven months down the line every time I listen to it I have a big grin on my face. I can honestly say I have never listened to music this much . Never. The Devialet is amazing. My gripes are the misleading advertising and promotion of this product.

I agree, that's a very good summary of my feelings too.

Glad to hear that I had got the wrong impression, and that you took my post in the spirit intended anyway.

Yes I took it in the spirit it was intended. You have always helped me right from the start and this forum is a godsend for me.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Not strictly on-topic, and you may have been around this loop before, but have you considered a MacMini via USB instead of a streamer?  Seeing others on this forum who had done similar I recently migrated my setup, primarily to take advantage of using Roon as a control surface.  Works really well, plays all my HD content without a hitch.  I certainly didn't have your patience with Air - tried it for one rainy afternoon....  A MacMini approach would be lower risk, as you could always repurpose it for something else later, plus I can't say enough good things about Roon on iPad as a control mechanism.
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.
(11-Oct-2015, 13:35)octaviars Wrote:
(11-Oct-2015, 12:29)Elztalbiker Wrote: @confused: N10 is 8998€ inclusive tax

Sent by iPad

How much tax? We have 25% in Sweden for example.

20% in the UK.
In Germany the tax is 19 %

Sent by iPad
Ok, that makes up that the Aurenders are more expensive in Sweden, the N10 is 89000SEK.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(11-Oct-2015, 08:07)Womaz Wrote:
(11-Oct-2015, 00:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-Oct-2015, 19:30)Womaz Wrote: Yes it makes sense to go for the Aurender. I will make my mind up next week......on another point do any of you ever get a bit of a discount off your dealers. I never seem to , maybe the Hifi world is just like that.
Mind my local dealer is always helpful and even after I have gone elsewhere for last couple of purchases

I may also take the plunge and at least get an n100h on home demo next week.  I want to compare to the Mac mini & regen with linear. So we might be comparing notes! I'm going to shop around for discounts - worth trying since the Aurender are very unfairly converted to £. I actually complained to Aurender HQ. They say dCS set the price as they are the UK importers.

Yes I am also thinking its seems expensive compared to the US. Could probably buy it online from the USA, pay the postage and import charges and still work out cheaper.
If you do go for it I would be very interested to hear what you think.

I have done a load of reading and research last night and I can feel another bout of sitting on the fence coming on  Big Grin
The whole point of this for me is I have lost patience with AIR, and I want to take the PC out of the music playback chain.
The two options above have a major drawback in that they dont have internet radio. This means to listen to the radio i am back to using the PC........with all of the problems i have now. Also the Aurender app. I can get used to the bloody awful colour and display, but having to use the I Pad horizontal is not ideal at all for me. I do a lot of late night listening and usually I am lying down. It was quite difficult to operate whilst doing this. This is probably a minor quibble, but this and the lack of radio making me reconsider. I think even the Aries Mini has an internet radio function.

I will move away from AIR in the next month or so for sure as I have a high res music collection that I just cant play. I also have no more room for any more CDs, and I have to start buying downloads again.

I wonder if I can use JRiver remote with the Melco? It looks like I can use the Linn app. I would prefer it if they has their own and it sounds like that could be coming soon.........the journey continues.

A good option for you may be the Cyrus Signature. It does radio stations but not DSD. The Cadence app is okay and you will have to use some sort of NAS. It is a good sounding unit made in the UK. I had one but U.S.A. support was nonexistent so I moved on.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(11-Oct-2015, 14:41)Vincent Wrote: Not strictly on-topic, and you may have been around this loop before, but have you considered a MacMini via USB instead of a streamer?  Seeing others on this forum who had done similar I recently migrated my setup, primarily to take advantage of using Roon as a control surface.  Works really well, plays all my HD content without a hitch.  I certainly didn't have your patience with Air - tried it for one rainy afternoon....  A MacMini approach would be lower risk, as you could always repurpose it for something else later, plus I can't say enough good things about Roon on iPad as a control mechanism.

I did consider this but decided that if i was moving away from AIR it would be a more off the shelf solution. The Aries Mini would be the route I go if I change my mind on this, although Roon has some very good reviews and comments
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(11-Oct-2015, 16:10)rwjr44 Wrote:
(11-Oct-2015, 08:07)Womaz Wrote:
(11-Oct-2015, 00:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I may also take the plunge and at least get an n100h on home demo next week.  I want to compare to the Mac mini & regen with linear. So we might be comparing notes! I'm going to shop around for discounts - worth trying since the Aurender are very unfairly converted to £. I actually complained to Aurender HQ. They say dCS set the price as they are the UK importers.

Yes I am also thinking its seems expensive compared to the US. Could probably buy it online from the USA, pay the postage and import charges and still work out cheaper.
If you do go for it I would be very interested to hear what you think.

I have done a load of reading and research last night and I can feel another bout of sitting on the fence coming on  Big Grin
The whole point of this for me is I have lost patience with AIR, and I want to take the PC out of the music playback chain.
The two options above have a major drawback in that they dont have internet radio. This means to listen to the radio i am back to using the PC........with all of the problems i have now. Also the Aurender app. I can get used to the bloody awful colour and display, but having to use the I Pad horizontal is not ideal at all for me. I do a lot of late night listening and usually I am lying down. It was quite difficult to operate whilst doing this. This is probably a minor quibble, but this and the lack of radio making me reconsider. I think even the Aries Mini has an internet radio function.

I will move away from AIR in the next month or so for sure as I have a high res music collection that I just cant play. I also have no more room for any more CDs, and I have to start buying downloads again.

I wonder if I can use JRiver remote with the Melco? It looks like I can use the Linn app. I would prefer it if they has their own and it sounds like that could be coming soon.........the journey continues.

A good option for you may be the Cyrus Signature. It does radio stations but not DSD. The Cadence app is okay and you will have to use some sort of NAS. It is a good sounding unit made in the UK. I had one but U.S.A. support was nonexistent so I moved on.

I have always found the Cyrus gear so unattractive , Its like they are 30 year behind the times with the look of their products Big Grin
Not meaning to offend anyone
"Melco are apparently working on their own control app"

Within past couple weeks I've been in touch with Melco/Buffalo and there will be no Melco control app in foreseeable future and perhaps not at all - so if that matters to you probably good to look at Aurender, Lumin or Bryston devices. These apps can be expensive to develop and not every manufacturer is ready to spent the resources in time/money if they cannot expect to recover the investment through sales. The Lumin D1, the Aurender X100 or the latest Bryston USB player may be good choices for you.