Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=Aurender=-
I'm sure y'all will correct me If I'm wrong or at least not very observant.

Did my front panel display always show bit depth, sampling frequency and file type of the current track playing. If it didn't it now does.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
I think mine always did that.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(02-May-2016, 19:28)Eddye Wrote: I think mine always did that.

I believe it did, any change coming with the new update you notice?

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(02-May-2016, 19:37)Frnch Wrote:
(02-May-2016, 19:28)Eddye Wrote: I think mine always did that.

I believe it did, any change coming with the new update you notice?

F

No changelog has been released for the firmware update, yet. 
In the app store the changes are listed for the conductor app. Multitasking works well, nice and quick now.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'm not sure if this has been posted here or not , but I happened to see a post on a Roon topic on the CA forum, saying that Eric of Aurender had confirmed to the poster that Aurender's weren't going to become RoonReady on the grounds of cost.

When I asked towards the end of last year - at Aurender HQ directly, and via dealer who then spoke to HQ - both said it was on the cards. In the end I held out for various reasons but also I wanted to see it become RoonReady 'in the flesh' before I committed. Sort of glad I held off now…. Anyone heard anything that contradicts this? Might be useful for anyone that was considering one and also wanted to use Roon.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-May-2016, 08:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been posted here or not , but I happened to see a post on a Roon topic on the CA forum, saying that Eric of Aurender had confirmed to the poster that Aurender's weren't going to become RoonReady on the grounds of cost.

When I asked towards the end of last year - at Aurender HQ directly, and via dealer who then spoke to HQ - both said it was on the cards.  In the end I held out for various reasons but also I wanted to see it become RoonReady 'in the flesh' before I committed.  Sort of glad I held off now….  Anyone heard anything that contradicts this?  Might be useful for anyone that was considering one and also wanted to use Roon.

A bit disappointing, Aurender and Roon would have been the best of both worlds, but I won't enjoy my Aurender any less for it.

The Netherlands
Here is an alternative view point. For many Aurender users, the Conductor app may well be superior to Roon. I know this might at first appear a baffling statement to the many disciples of Roon, but Conductor does offer features that Roon does not. Roon allows track ratings, the search and playlist features are different. OK, individual users will have different desires and needs, but I think that for some, it is entirely possible that Conductor might be preferred to Roon. Furthermore, it must be preferable for the control app to be provided by the music server manufacturer, this ensures zero compatibility issues for many years. If an Aurender (or anything else) can run Roon satisfactorily today, will this remain true when newer, more powerful and more resource hungry versions of Roon emerge in the future?

One very obvious advantage is Conductor comes included as part of the Aurender package, Roon would require additional monies for a subscription. You might then need to consider the relative risk of Roon going bust or Aurender going bust, when thinking about future support.

Just a thought!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Quote "he kept the door open with a possibly re-visit in the future, but does not seem likely now/soon" unquote from CA.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(03-May-2016, 13:02)Confused Wrote: Here is an alternative view point.  For many Aurender users, the Conductor app may well be superior to Roon.  I know this might at first appear a baffling statement to the many disciples of Roon, but Conductor does offer features that Roon does not.  Roon allows track ratings, the search and playlist features are different.  OK, individual users will have different desires and needs, but I think that for some, it is entirely possible that Conductor might be preferred to Roon.  Furthermore, it must be preferable for the control app to be provided by the music server manufacturer, this ensures zero compatibility issues for many years.  If an Aurender (or anything else) can run Roon satisfactorily today, will this remain true when newer, more powerful and more resource hungry versions of Roon emerge in the future?

One very obvious advantage is Conductor comes included as part of the Aurender package, Roon would require additional monies for a subscription.  You might then need to consider the relative risk of Roon going bust or Aurender going bust, when thinking about future support.

Just a thought!

Excellent points. As far as the apps go for the equipment I've had and seen, Conductor is very, very good. Visually it could be a bit more modern, but it works very well.

The Netherlands
(03-May-2016, 13:02)Confused Wrote: Here is an alternative view point.  For many Aurender users, the Conductor app may well be superior to Roon.  

Can't disagree with that, I'm guessing most people who bought one evaluated it and the App first and liked it enough to buy it.

But when I was considering one I did a fair bit of research and a reasonable amount of users on other forums had been requesting Roon support for their Aurenders, so I guess some preferred the idea of Roon or maybe just wanted the choice. From what I could gather elsewhere, and what I was told directly, Aurenders stance was 'it was on the cards'. So just thought it would be helpful for prospective purchasers to know - as there's a fair bit of difference between 'on the cards', and 'it's not but it might be re-visited in the future'.

Maybe as a goodwill gesture they could just let users change the background colour of their own App? At the time that would probably have been enough for me Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<