Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=Aurender=-
My experience with the 5.5.91 update is that shut downs and power failures are handled much better. We have had a few strong and sudden thunder storms lately and on two occasions I had to pull the plug. The systems rebooted fine which was a pleasant surprise.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I agree that with the recent firmware update it is much easier to power off the unit, to change a cable for example. The power cut we had yesterday did involve a fairly lengthy recovery excercise which is not great when you have just got home from work! I'm not going to ditch the Aurender though because in all other respects it is wonderful!
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.
(19-Aug-2016, 07:52)Confused Wrote: Some interesting comments Harry.  I too have reached the conclusion that the Devialet's USB input has some drawbacks.  Can I ask if this is just a general observation for you at the moment or have you noticed anything specific?  (Although this point might become clearer after you start using the Mutec)

For what it is worth, I have thought for a while that the Aurender X100 + Mutec MC3+USB would probably prove to be a superb combination, so I will certainly be interested to see how this works out for you.

I'm also thinking that Mutec should give the admins of this forum a free MC3 in recognition of all the good press they are getting here!  Although I have to say it is good to see such a reasonably priced piece of kit, free of all the normal audiophile nonsense, causing a little bit of disruption!

Oh, and one last thing....   In the non digital domain, it's good to see another Pro-Ject / Cadenza Black user on here.  Another great combination with a Devialet! Shy

I listen mainly to classical music and I have always wondered why some systems (even high end stuff) fail to reproduce string tone well. It's often too strident, prominent or even distorted. The Devialet is very good generally in this respect but I have noticed that with the Aurender or Mac Book connected via USB the violins sound slightly rougher and less well defined than with other inputs. Not a major problem perhaps but we are all looking to achieve the most accurate, authentic sound possible are we not?

The Project / Cadenza Black combo is superb and particularly with string tone?.
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.