Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Awesome Reactor Poster
Shows that the new reactor isnt a perfect sphere from the front like their larger siblings

I wonder why....
(31-Oct-2018, 18:28)Jamington2004 Wrote: Shows that the new reactor isnt a perfect sphere from the front like their larger siblings

I wonder why....

Looks like they’ve cut down on width to make it as compact as possible.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(31-Oct-2018, 18:28)Jamington2004 Wrote: Shows that the new reactor isnt a perfect sphere from the front like their larger siblings

I wonder why....

The new design has now side covers that cover the electronics and the mounting structure of the bass drivers. Therefore the bass driver size is a bit smaller. In the premiers the bass drivers are centrally attached and fixed with a nut that also closes the half shells of the housing. You can see there are glued caps that hide the central nut on the premiers’ bass drivers whereas the reactor drivers are made as full dome and the shell is a single piece. This is an optically nicer design. I can foresee that a next iteration of the premiers will also follow that new design.
Interesting thanks