Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD transport best match suggestions
In anticipation of the arrival of my new D200 + Triangle Delta Speakers, I am on the hunt for a 'best match' CD player, so would like some suggestions if anyone can ?

I do have an aged Meridian G98 Transport which I am going to pension off - not used much.

I have been looking at the Electrocompaniet EMC-1 Mk111 (best price so far gbp 3720) that someone told me about which stretches the budget somewhat, but interestingly, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews out there! Unlike the predecessor EMC-1 UP which is holding quite a high price second hand.

Would this be an overkill... Any other suggestions to try?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(24-Apr-2015, 10:43)teddlesdee Wrote: In anticipation of the arrival of my new D200 + Triangle Delta Speakers, I am on the hunt for a 'best match' CD player, so would like some suggestions if anyone can ?

I do have an aged Meridian G98 Transport which I am going to pension off - not used much.

I have been looking at the Electrocompaniet EMC-1 Mk111 (best price so far gbp 3720) that someone told me about which stretches the budget somewhat, but interestingly, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews out there! Unlike the predecessor EMC-1 UP which is holding quite a high price second hand.

Would this be an overkill... Any other suggestions to try?

This ECM 1 up CD is a nice Cd player but is not a good one as a CD transport only. I saw measurements in one review that its digital outputs are not a High quality ones...
Some light reading here:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=455

It is worth noting that the AES/EBU input to the Devialet is reckoned to be best. So the best match might not be the absolute best player, but possibly the best one for price with AES/EBU digital output.

For me, I would see how everything sounds with your Meridian G98, if it has not been used much it should perform very well with the Devialet on DAC duties. It would at least give you a benchmark.
I was very happy with my Mark Levinson 390S. You may be able to find a nice used one for £1,500-£2,000. (Mine has already gone to a good home...)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hmmm... Brill input!

But - had another impulse! Gad help me!

I came across the Moon Neo 260D CD Transport - reviews are really quite good. Price GBP1650, but no idea if any good with Devialet.

Any one know?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
I use a 20ish year old Goldmund Mimesis 36+ via AES and have just bought a used Chord Blu as a backup (the Goldmund uses a no-longer-available laser)and have been using it with my Phantoms.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

PS Audio PWT.

AES/EBU output and it plays DVD-A disc in addition to Redbook.
(24-Apr-2015, 20:09)mauidan Wrote: PS Audio PWT.

AES/EBU output and it plays DVD-A disc in addition to Redbook.

Hi maindan

Can you elaborate more...

How would you rate sound quality? Stability of software? Overall satisfaction? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I'm with thumb5; I had a Levinson 390S which was/is an outstandingly analogue CD player.
Mine, too, went to another home as they're getting a bit long in the tooth now, so age of components (especially caps) might be a concern.

That could be good reason to negotiate a very good price though.......
As an ex Naim owner, I would certainly suggest a Naim CD player. I have no idea about the electronic aspects, or input / output characteristics as they relate to the Devialet, but I think that Naim makes some excellent CD units. Otherwise Simaudio/ Moon or GamuT would be worth considering. My 3 cents.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada