Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIGURATOR Issues
(26-Jul-2018, 15:25)ogs Wrote: 10.1.0 is good. Should absolutely work with Configurator so this must be an error that Devialet has introduced and must fix!

I see a slight issue there somewhere  Rolleyes
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(26-Jul-2018, 16:30)Celts88 Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 15:25)ogs Wrote: 10.1.0 is good. Should absolutely work with Configurator so this must be an error that Devialet has introduced and must fix!

When I first moved to this, it was a great improvement in my system. As I said, I love the sound right now...LOVE IT...I have no desire to change it. BUT...I should be able to have the opportunity to do so if I please.
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(26-Jul-2018, 19:04)MIO2013 Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 16:30)Celts88 Wrote:

When I first moved to this, it was a great improvement in my system. As I said, I love the sound right now...LOVE IT...I have no desire to change it. BUT...I should be able to have the opportunity to do so if I please.
Quite right. It can only be up to you whether you get the CI upgrade or not. You LOVE the sound of your D as it is. Fair enough.  BUT: if you DON’T upgrade, then will you ever have a nagging feeling that the sound MIGHT be EVEN BETTER with the CI boards fitted, as all inputs benefit from improved clocking? Have you got the opportunity to borrow a 140 CI from a dealer so that you can do a comparison? Assuming you bought your amp as a 130 Pro, do you have to pay to get the CI upgrade?
 In any case, I find it strange that there is no option to choose a 130 in the Configurator.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
But isn't this a bit like asking to be able to configure the D170 which no longer exists ?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(27-Jul-2018, 07:42)NickB Wrote: But isn't this a bit like asking to be able to configure the D170 which no longer exists ?

You could answer "yes" to that question but surely the point is that you should be able to continue to use all of the functionality of a discontinued amplifier. Don't suggest reverting to the factory configuration which gives you access to all inputs because it doesn't let you change the control points for tone controls, the settings for phono input, the maximum output power, the number of remotes and use of the remote app for iOS, wifi network settings, and speaker choice for SAM. You may not get any further firmware updates for a discontinued amp but you should still be able to use all of that functionality which is controlled by configuration settings and which cannot be accessed in any other way.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Have you tried creating a config for a d140 to see if it works?

Given that they didn’t change the configurator between expert, Pro and CI, it might not make any difference?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(27-Jul-2018, 09:02)Chris Marshall Wrote: Have you tried creating a config for a d140 to see if it works?

Given that they didn’t change the configurator between expert, Pro and CI, it might not make any difference?

Good idea Chris. I had wondered whether this might work. Was the 130 a stand alone model, or a 120 that got a power boost through a firmware upgrade?  There have been so many iterations of amplifiers that I find it difficult to work out the base model. As @NickB says, where did the D170 come from or go to? If you had a 170, how could you configure it?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Jul-2018, 09:02)Chris Marshall Wrote: Have you tried creating a config for a d140 to see if it works?

I thought about that but I opened the config file for my 140 in a text editor and took a look at it and there are a lot of lines which identify the specific amp model, in my case a 140 Pro. There's a chance that a config file with the wrong model number may bomb, plus I wonder whether the changes in the power supply settings in the recent FW update which facilitated the change from 130 to 140 may be generating some settings which could cause a problem.

I don't think an invalid config file would do any harm to the amp but I chose not to make your suggestion after looking at the file. I would contact Devialet as has already been suggested.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The new firmware works at any Expert Pro with or without CI board - see post from ghosttipper

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(27-Jul-2018, 18:09)Elztalbiker Wrote: The new firmware works at any Expert Pro with or without CI board - see post from ghosttipper

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

This is a snip from my config page...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)