Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIGURATOR Issues
Ignore it and try it, you will get 140 with less functions like with CI board

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(27-Jul-2018, 18:55)Elztalbiker Wrote: Ignore it and try it, you will get 140 with less functions like with CI board

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Then it doesn't work, and I can't revert it back. Then I am stuck with a very expensive, pretty brick.

Don't think I am just going to ignore it.
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
I am surprised that you haven't asked Devialet how to set up the configurator to build a config file for your 130 - isn't that the most likely way to resolve this (perfectly valid) question to your satisfaction? When you have it, please post the answer back here as it may be helpful for others.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(27-Jul-2018, 22:15)thumb5 Wrote: I am surprised that you haven't asked Devialet how to set up the configurator to build a config file for your 130 - isn't that the most likely way to resolve this (perfectly valid) question to your satisfaction?  When you have it, please post the answer back here as it may be helpful for others.

Yes, agree with thumb5, but surely you save your settings in your personal Devialet file which you can refer back to and upload if you so need to revisit it?

What is the harm in downloading the 140 firmware and seeing if it does or doesn’t work for you? It might be a revelation! If not, cannot you return to your 130 settings from your personal file? I do appreciate that you want to change your configuration, sticking with your 130 set up and it doesn’t appear to be available, therefore your only real option is to raise a ticket with Devialet help. These days, their response is pretty good. That meets your needs, in my view. Refusing to even try the 140 Pro firmware seems very short sighted to me and makes no sense whatsoever.
I spoke with Devialet support this morning. Julian was extremely professional about the whole thing.

He did pull up my account on his side and saw that the configurator was not loading as I said. He pointed out that that should NOT happen, and that there should be a 130/140 option.

He is taking the case to the programmers.

I will keep you guys updated.
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
Solution for this is posted on my other thread...
(08-Aug-2018, 06:19)Tian Wrote: Solution for this is posted on my other thread...

Do you happen to have a link for this thread?
(14-Aug-2018, 16:56)MIO2013 Wrote:
(08-Aug-2018, 06:19)Tian Wrote: Solution for this is posted on my other thread...

Do you happen to have a link for this thread?

If you click on someone's name, all threads this person started will show up. In Tian's case it was easy; he only had two to choose from>

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Wrong-config
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.