Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified Refurbished Silver Phantom
Is this a new thing or a mistake?
What are everyone’s thoughts about this?

Seems that Devialet finally have that years in the making repair facility or at least found a way to remanufacture these units without just damaging them upon opening and having to throw them away.

The word before was that they “could not put them back together once they are opened” or re-pressurise them saying the case is a one time seal and upon opening it some components become unusable.

When I press on “Make It Yours” it takes me to the standard Devialet website to purchase a brand new Silver Phantom Premier.

[Image: b4bff62492220a2220061f908ac42875.jpg][Image: e3cbf46631ed04ee46c5d4925b057b11.jpg]
Devialet Phantom (White)
They have the same offer at the local Devialet pusher. I've asked if it's ADH or ADH2, they didn't know for sure but thought it was ADH. That's unfortunate, cause the noise floor of ADH is unbearable IMO.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Nov-2018, 17:26)ragwo Wrote: They have the same offer at the local Devialet pusher. I've asked if it's ADH or ADH2, they didn't know for sure but thought it was ADH. That's unfortunate, cause the noise floor of ADH is unbearable IMO.

Okay that’s very informative!

Maybe it is just ADH, because there’s no mention of the new ‘premier’ status. Knowing Devialet though it’ll be a mixture of everything and they work even know for sure what is what.

I agree with you though. I managed to get my unit upgraded from ADH to ADH2 and it’s noticeable. Honestly I think it composes itself better overall.
Devialet Phantom (White)
Apparently there are 2 different units, a cheaper one doesn't come with AirPlay support, while the pricier one does. The unit that doesn't come with AirPlay is the same price as the regular Phantom, which supports AirPlay.

It may appeal to people who only plug the phantoms into the TV or Blu-ray player optical out.
(20-Nov-2018, 17:51)misterhon Wrote: Apparently there are 2 different units, a cheaper one doesn't come with AirPlay support, while the pricier one does. The unit that doesn't come with AirPlay is the same price as the regular Phantom, which supports AirPlay.

It may appeal to people who only plug the phantoms into the TV or Blu-ray player optical out.

That’s very interesting.
Although the email does specify it as keeping all the traits of Classic Phantom for less price. Including AirPlay. It’s so confusing.

[Image: 4c3843d8603aede1ada445862a0ff0f3.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Okay, I managed to find the purchase page. You're completely right. This is so interesting.

It does also say they are ADH2 units! Hmmm!

https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/buy-silve...o-airplay/
Yea it's the same one I received this morning, but with prices in USD. They seemed to have messed up the "title" image here in the US.
(20-Nov-2018, 18:04)misterhon Wrote: Yea it's the same one I received this morning, but with prices in USD. They seemed to have messed up the "title" image here in the US.

Oh yeah, if I view the mobile version it doesn't show the main image, but if I view it on my PC it does. Weird.

What is strange to me is that my account is registered for Australia but they sent me a UK version, while it doesn't seem to be a thing yet in Australia whatsoever.
(20-Nov-2018, 18:11)kmjy Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 18:04)misterhon Wrote: Yea it's the same one I received this morning, but with prices in USD. They seemed to have messed up the "title" image here in the US.

Oh yeah, if I view the mobile version it doesn't show the main image, but if I view it on my PC it does. Weird.

What is strange to me is that my account is registered for Australia but they sent me a UK version, while it doesn't seem to be a thing yet in Australia whatsoever.

It might be a mix-up of British English in the language preferences, and confused their marketing with country/locale settings..
Those are probably the silver phantom from the "gold my phantom" program one year ago.