Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing from Qobuz to Spotify?
Spotify has just released an update with which you can connect to you Spotify app on you Mac/PC from you phone or tablet.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/07/spot...computers/

This feature made me rethink my subscription to Qobuz. I know the sound quality is better with Qobuz, but Spotify offers more (contemporary) music and with features like this it's just much more user friendly. It seems Qobuz hasn't done any development in their app.

Have others changed to Spotify from Qobuz? Is so, what are your thoughts?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
You might consider the WiMP streaming service as well. It offers lossless streaming like Qobuz. They are more in the contemporary music and they do offer a lot more albums than the Qobuz-service, all lossless, like it should. 2 and a halve million albums I was told.

Today I attended a demo with Qobuz and WiMP on an Auralic Aries streamer bridge, at Wifimedia in Arnhem (The Netherlands). I also heard again that the Qobuz streamingservice is in financial troubles and might go banktupted in a few months. I would regret that a lot, I must say. They do very well in classical music.

So I would consider WiMP in stead of downgrading to Spotify. Karel
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Thanks for the tip, Karel. I'll be keeping an eye out if and when WiMP come to the Netherlands.
Although I must say, for me it's more about ease of use than sound quality when to comes to streaming services. And I really do hope Qobuz can get out of financial troubles, because I feel that is the main reason they are not developing their apps
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Information 
I just read that WiMP is rebranding in 'Tidal'. For the moment they are only available in the US & UK. They do have a special Mailinglist about developments in other countries.

Nevertheless I saw it demo'd in the Netherlands yesterday. So I guess they found a workaround to make it functioning. Clever people overthere in Arnhem. Wink
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Yeah, great shop Wifimedia. Bought 2 NAS's >10 Harddrives and a few video streamers there. Quite knowledgeable and friendly.

The Netherlands
Small update: I realized that I haven't listened to Qobuz since opening this thread. So with that in mind I just cancelled my subscription with Qobuz. I'll give Spotify a try. I can always go back to Qobuz.

The Netherlands