Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Connecting Reactor to TV
Can you connect Reactor with TV that has analog output? What about if TV has TV optical output? Will there be lag?
This is what I got from Devialet's support:
"By default, there will be a 192 ms latency when using optical input. A specific feature in the app "AV sync" will reduce this latency to 60 ms."

60 ms should be good enough for TV, however, I am not sure what effect the "AV Sync" option has on sound quality.
Any positive ore negative experience by connecting Reactor to a TV and just used as a speaker for TV?
I am reverting to users who already apply to this.

I am about to purchase a reactor 900 (single speaker) to use it instead of a “sound bar” + subwoofer. It is the only a speaker that can find a proper place under my TV screen placed onto the wall due to the compact measures. A small niche in the wall (50 cm large x 35 cm depth) under the Tv will be the place.

Is optical cable the best suggested connection in this case?
Or do you have different solutions tried?

I already own a pair of golds and a single classic under DOS2.
The Premiers are unfortunately too large to be set in the niche in the wall under the Tv or the Classic would have done the job.

What about the volume control? Only possible through the app while lying on the sofa? Or the physical Phantom Remote (which I own) can be connected to the Reactor as well las for the Premiers?
(14-Jan-2020, 22:39)massi.rav Wrote: Any positive ore negative experience by connecting Reactor to a TV and just used as a speaker for TV?
I am reverting to users who already apply to this.

I am about to purchase a reactor 900 (single speaker) to use it instead of a “sound bar” + subwoofer. It is the only a speaker that can find a proper place under my TV screen placed onto the wall due to the compact measures. A small niche in the wall (50 cm large x 35 cm depth) under the Tv will be the place.

Is optical cable the best suggested connection in this case?
Or do you have different solutions tried?

I already own a pair of golds and a single classic under DOS2.
The Premiers are unfortunately too large to be set in the niche in the wall under the Tv or the Classic would have done the job.

What about the volume control? Only possible through the app while lying on the sofa? Or the physical Phantom Remote (which I own) can be connected to the Reactor as well las for the Premiers?
I've got reactors hooked to the TV. My set up is this.

1. Buy Nvidia shield tv media streamer
2. Hook Nvidia shield tv to use as media streamer.
Nvidia shield tv has HiFi USB audio out.
3. Purchase USB to optical converter

4. Connect Nvidia via USB converter to optical on Reactor

5. You can then turn up the devialet app for the tv to 100 and use the Nvidia shield tv remote to control the tv volume.
*Nvidia also has latency correction option built into the media streamer if you have any latency issues but I haven't. Solid set up and easy to use.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
This is a great suggestion indeed. Thanks a lot Jon.
No time at the moment but tonight I’ll go through the web to better investigate your suggestion about the mentioned hardware.

Thanks indeed.
Max
I just use the optical and do not experience any lag when watching TV on my PC
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(15-Jan-2020, 12:46)RMK Wrote: I just use the optical and do not experience any lag when watching TV on my PC
I agree that works also. My reason for using the shield is because my TV won't adjust volume when using optical so to avoid having to use th devialet app each time I want to change the tv volume I use the Nvidia shield TV media streamer because Nvidia includes a remote the does adjust the volume if you connect to the USB

(15-Jan-2020, 14:11)Jon Wrote:
(15-Jan-2020, 12:46)RMK Wrote: I just use the optical and do not experience any lag when watching TV on my PC
I agree that works also. My reason for using the shield is because my TV won't adjust volume when using optical so to avoid having to use th devialet app each time I want to change the tv volume I use the Nvidia shield TV media streamer because Nvidia includes a remote the does adjust the volume if you connect to the USB

This is my worry as well.

Does the Devialet Remote (hardware) works with Reactor?
Anyone knows? I already have one for the Premiers. I cannot find this info on the Devialet Help page or on the web...

By the way, the media streamer you suggest has HMDI only, not USB.
Maybe the one sold now is the newest version and USB is not present anymore?
The devialet remote doesn't operate the phantoms.
The 2019 Nvidia Shield TV does have USB and HDMI outputs

NVIDIA

4.6 out of 5 stars  537Reviews

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K HDR Streaming Media Player, High Performance, Dolby Vision, 3GB RAM, 2X USB, Works with Alexa

Amazon'sChoicefor "nvidia shield"